Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Later this morning I'm meeting up with a group of scooters for a weeklong tour of Colorado. Yesterday I rode from my house in Grand Junction to near our start up and golden Colorado. Spending the night in Westchester near my son. On the way I experienced two highway closures just a few miles from each other (I'm sure related, as the two joined together about 20 miles up) followed by an accident involving one of a group of four adventure bikes (emergency vehicle was already there, and it looked like the rider had run off the road), follow by several other long slowdowns. The flow of traffic never stopped for more than 30 seconds or so, so getting off the bike wasn't an option. It was mostly just creeping along barely fast enough to keep my feet up. Total 8 1/2 hours in the saddle, 50 miles of detour, off-bike stops suitable for a six hour ride, and one mighty sore tailbone. I sure hope the rest of the week goes better! Today, I'll start posting with pictures.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ugh, Sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I guess you can be thankful that it wasn't your accident that others were having to detour around. :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess you can be thankful that it wasn't your accident that others were having to detour around. :)
So true...and that our weeklong group tour (nine maxi's) was accident free. We were actually lucky on that point, considering the one extra early morning start we made and ended up with the sun very suddenly popping from behind a mountain and blinding everyone. That caused a quick pull over and fifteen minute wait.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts