Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another small issue to resolve, noticed wife was having issues turning off turn signals on the B400, all her previous scooters had the "Buzzer" and she was kinda used to it, I kinda hate the stupid things myself (n) they irritate me and fairly sure drivers around are looking for that truck that's backing up into them :unsure: they also draw unwanted attention IMO, can't hear them with some helmets, etc., etc. I'm fairly consistent turning signals off, kinda automatic for me, but was concerned with wifes :(

I liked the ideas I found on other threads here of secondary/auxiliary more visible indicator lights, some individual brainstorming and a quick visit to the specialty lights booth at local Flea Market got main item I needed for $6 USD (y) (BTW place is a candy shop for any type of LED lights, found LED storage light for my SW600), used several feet 18/20 ga wire, connections to right wires, shrink tubing, zip ties,tape,etc., I had on hand. kinda found hidden location behind GIivi windshield support brackets, but very visible to driver, works great, covered all exposed wires with black shrink tubing and/or 3M tape to conceal wires better.
Product Camera accessory Font Material property Audio equipment

Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Motor vehicle Odometer

Speedometer Tachometer Gauge Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I like it. What trim/panels did you have to remove to access the signal wiring? I don't forget mine very often, but it only takes one time under the right circumstances to be a Game Over situation.

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like it. What trim/panels did you have to remove to access the signal wiring? I don't forget mine very often, but it only takes one time under the right circumstances to be a Game Over situation.
I spliced into wiring harness on LH handlebar close to lower bend, wires colors on my 2014/B400 Light Green R/H, Black L/H, removed handlebar cover, fuse box (long)cover, switch cover and wrap around cover(one with logo), used frame for ground/black led wires(-), secured wires but allowed some slack for handlebar movement. Standard wiring practices, etc.

Reactions: G-Dub

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fantastic! part numbers, order info? details please!!
There is no part numbers as this lights came from a "Flea Market" shop, they build custom Led's strips, etc., from raw materials, they stock the most popular items, maybe there's a similar shop in your area or online ??

Mine are 2 in. long and .5 in. wide, amber led in a water resistant/flexible vinyl housing, they came with cheap trim tape, can't speak for quality/life yet, but I can always replace later, only $6. or better ones :unsure:

I replaced trim tape with "Super Strength" 3M brand after cleaning all surfaces with alcohol. Support/attach wires with zip ties, etc., route with exhisting wire and hoses at handlebar base, make sure there's slack for movement and it's clear from any rubbing/jamming by rotating handlebar etc, etc.

The rest is basic/standard wiring practices for those with DIY skills.

More detail pics, LED lights installation is barely noticeable ....

Font Publication Paper Book Rectangle

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exhaust

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Tire

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Reactions: zrx212

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found these on ebay and have ordered a set.
Those are very nice (y), I drove around quite a bit today, vast improvement noticing T/S are on with the leds, even in the sun as they are mounted on black brackets, may upgtrade to sequential led blinking strips later, I started cheap JIC it didn't work out :unsure:, but so far

·
Premium Member
2013 AN650 White MotorTrike
72 Posts
They come in various lengths and colors and they also provide you with a pre-cut 3M double sided adhesive strip
I’ve used these for years on both 650s. I mount mine on the far edge of my mirrors and tap into the turn signal wiring with a couple of posi-taps. I always see them flashing.

Reactions: zrx212

·
Registered
2014 Burgman 400
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did similar mod to my SW600, the brake reservoirs worked good as thery are fairly big :rolleyes: and I had adjusted/raised
handlebars, they are about 2 in. higher than the B400, more in field of vision, IAC way brighter than OEM. (y)

Motor vehicle Speedometer Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive design

1 - 9 of 9 Posts