Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is the USA's day to remember our Veterans. Every country has its day to honor its veterans. November 11th is ours.

I wish that we would pick one day for the whole world to honor ALL veteren's of EVERY country. Its hard for a soldier to think that the person on the other side of the sand bag is fighting for his/her beliefs too. A world wide day for honoring all veterans, friend and foe is needed.

I wish to extend the thanks to those that help and support a veteran, without the love of Moms, Wife's, Husband's, Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Sisters, Brothers and friends, a veteran would not have the will to carry on.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Re: My thanks go to the Veterans of all Countrys on this day

Dave_J,

I really think that most all of us are Veterans. Hopefully today finds everyone in good health. To those that have served in the wars, a big THANKS. Iraq in 1990 was nothing compared to what these guys go thru now and Vietnam. Some are on their 7th or more deployment. Our late Spiff was one such soldier.

On a really bright note, at church this morning, there was a veteran who was 96 years old. :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts

I went to Olive Garden with my Father-in-Law tonight. They were offering free dinners to vets. The manager came by and said thank you for all we had done. The businesses offering these free meals didn't have to do that, but did anyway. I appreciate that. And I appreciate all that the other vets have done to keep this country free.

Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts

In Australia we celebrate Rememberance Day on 11th November for all the diggers who have lost their lives and also to remember the ones serving overseas.

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

burgman proud said:
In Australia we celebrate Rememberance Day on 11th November for all the diggers who have lost their lives and also to remember the ones serving overseas.
:thumbup: :cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts

Not quite so quick for me to honor ALL Vets. What about the suicidal scum that attacked on 9/11. They supposedly died fighting for their beliefs, too, and there's no way I'm going to honor them, or anyone who fights for the Taliban. We know what they stand for, and it's not pretty.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

physics-teacher said:
Not quite so quick for me to honor ALL Vets. What about the suicidal scum that attacked on 9/11. They supposedly died fighting for their beliefs, too, and there's no way I'm going to honor them, or anyone who fights for the Taliban. We know what they stand for, and it's not pretty.
Amen to that. Here in the UK we also honour our people on the 11th. But I can't bring myself to honour those cowards that brought death and destruction to New York or London. They are not soldiers, they have no code, no honour that civilised people recognise. Bless those that fought for what we have today and thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts