Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

My scooter is haunted

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  mikeyMarine 
#1 ·
I bought it last September.

After servicing all fluids and new tires I started riding a few weeks ago.

I have my 650 Burgee in the garage by itself. I noticed something very unusual that made me think it is haunted.
It runs great and is a great ride. I placed air horns on it, a stereo system, a high rise seat backrest.

Anyway, I noticed when I get on my burgee, level it up and bring the kickstand up, engine off, ignition off, I hear a very faint high pitch moan like a little child crying. At first, I thought it was a kid playing with me outside of the garage. I even looked the first time it happened. Then it did it every time I got on her before starting.

I am thinking it might be the gas tank venting from moving.

Have you ever hear your scoot moan at you in the morning? I am thinking of naming her Casper with a decal on the side.

#5 ·
"I noticed when I get on my burgee, level it up and bring the kickstand up, engine off, ignition off, I hear a very faint high pitch moan like a little child crying."

This is funny. I kind of accepted my Burgman is haunted or somehow possessed by an otherworldly spirit, probably a relative.

Mine makes a random sound like an owl. It happens anytime, just a split second of sound and it's gone. Doesn't matter whether the bike has been ridden recently or sitting for hours.

It took me several weeks to track down the sound. First I thought it was outside. Then I determined that it was in the garage (cue the famous line from horror movies: "the calls are coming from inside the house!"). Then one day I was standing right next to the Burgman and there it was; I'd found the source.

Interesting to hear it could be the pressure relief valve for the fuel tank. Could also be a spirit. I'm fine either way.

A couple years after my dad passed away, I was sitting on my stairs in the dark tying my shoes to leave for work. Eight feet away there was a hurricane lamp my mom gave me (new). It was a touch lamp with a 3-way bulb, 50- 100- and 150-watts. As I'm tying, the lamp comes on. No one is near it. I think, "This is odd." Then I started running through random facts to find some explanation. "It's 7:23 ... it's Tuesday ... it's January 23rd" ... and then it hit me: January 23rd was my Dad's birthday. On cue, the lamp brightened to 100-watts. Now it really has my attention. I stared at it for a few seconds and spoke aloud, "Dad?" Yep ... it immediately switched to 150-watts. I went to work and wrote down exactly what happened, so the passing of time would never make me question precisely what happened. My dad communicated with me, proactively and interactively. There is no other explanation. It was the greatest gift of my life -- I still appreciate it. I know that when I leave this world someday, I won't be done. There's more to the story. My dad told me so.

#6 ·
(I'll just leave this here...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.