Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or, restated, it has some nicks in the paint and has never been washed. Ever. I like that way. Don't misunderstand, it is maticulously maintained mechanically, I just see no point or reason to wash it. It has nicks because I tend to ride real close to things, park it on sidewalks, squish it into tight spots, you know, that kind of thing. I started scootering years ago overseas while vacationing, and from my experience, I have observed that the "average" scooter in Europe is treated more like a utility tool than something to be polished. Maybe that's where I got my attitude about scooters. I enjoy my mc's far less than my scooters because I feel the need to keep them shiny. Not so the scooter. Also, with my mc's there's always the issue of what to add to them. Accessories and such. With the scooter, I like making that thing lose weight. Anything stuck to it gets ripped off. GPS? stereo? cup holders? No way. Not for me. I was just looking at that big, black, back fender, than over at my sawzall...............................Anyway, that's just me, and one man's opinion.

Peace.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
As I only have the Burgman and no other bikes, I tend to baby it a little when it comes to its appearance. Reading your post reminds me of one of my friends whose car body has more bondo than metal and more primer than paint. When asked why he didn't paint it he said, "It runs and drives fine without it. And if I make it look nice, somebody might actually consider stealing it." :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billmeek said:
"It runs and drives fine without it. And if I make it look nice, somebody might actually consider stealing it." :lol:
Scooter alarms? locking devices? Nope. I almost hate to admit this, but I ride the scooter every day on errands and I cannot remember the last time I removed the key from the ignition. For any reason whatsoever. It may have never been removed since I drove it off the dealers showroom floor.

Peace.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Ten years ago I'd probably do the same thing here. After having a laptop stolen out of my car (which I did recover by various threats), I started locking my house, vehicles, and now using all the security features on the burgman. I do have theft insurance on the 400, but the hassle if it were stolen is too much to take the risk.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billmeek said:
I do have theft insurance on the 400, but the hassle if it were stolen is too much to take the risk.
See, there's always different ways of looking at things. For me, the hassle of keeping it secure is not worth my attention. I'd rather just replace it in the unlikely event it gets jacked. I've never removed the keys from any of my scooters over the years, and none have been stolen. And I live California. I've come to believe that people won't make a snap decision to steal a vehicle just because they see opportunity, like an impulse buy at the checkout counter. Then again, maybe I'm just dumb & lucky.

Peace.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I make it a point of spilling a half a latte on the badywork every now and then so I dont get freaked out over the little inevitable dings and wear.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
abm said:
I make it a point of spilling a half a latte on the badywork every now and then so I dont get freaked out over the little inevitable dings and wear.
:sign5: Dang near made me spill my coffee.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stormsteed said:
Where in California?
El Dorado Hills (just East of you), Malibu, and Pismo Beach.

abm said:
YEAH BABY!!! Now yer talkin' my language. Bueno, muy bueno.

Peace.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Bleeder said:
Stormsteed said:
Where in California?
El Dorado Hills (just East of you), Malibu, and Pismo Beach.

abm said:
YEAH BABY!!! Now yer talkin' my language. Bueno, muy bueno.

Peace.
Not sure where El Dorado Hills or Pismo Beach is, but I know where Malibu is! In fact, I'm headed out to Neptune's Net this Sunday afternoon (PCH near Old County Line)... first time in years. Any chance of meeting up with you?

·
Registered
969 Posts
(I couldn't live like that.)

I even wash the dirt bike once in awhile :shock: (though it's really, REALLY beat up, and won't likely get new plastic).

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chuck, not knowing where El Dorado Hills is is excusable, but PISMO?

DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 20!!!!

Didn't you ever see Bugs Bunny with the "Going to Pismo" sign while hitchiking? My old, dear departed, neighbor used to work in Walt's animation department.

Havn't you ever heard of Pismo clams? Shameful.

Ok enough of that nonesense. Pismo is half way between Santa Barbara and San Francisco on the 101. I know Neptune's very well, but I'm a 2 hour scoot from there, and otherwise preoccupied with building a new home. Thanks for the invitation, though.

Peace.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Bleeder said:
Chuck, not knowing where El Dorado Hills is is excusable, but PISMO?

DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 20!!!!

Didn't you ever see Bugs Bunny with the "Going to Pismo" sign while hitchiking? My old, dear departed, neighbor used to work in Walt's animation department.

Havn't you ever heard of Pismo clams? Shameful.

Ok enough of that nonesense. Pismo is half way between Santa Barbara and San Francisco on the 101. I know Neptune's very well, but I'm a 2 hour scoot from there, and otherwise preoccupied with building a new home. Thanks for the invitation, though.

Peace.
Must have had a senior moment there for a sec... Yes, I've "heard of" Pismo but didn't know exactly where it is (until now). Didn't know it was that far up, now I know! Hey, good luck with the new home!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I enjoyed Excellent Radio FM from Grover Beach when passing the 101 exit in the '90's.

Went into town to look the studio over once, and found it in the
back of a head shop.

Excellent Radio is - no more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts