Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST received my modified seat back from Sargent. They did a great job. I installed it today and took her for spin; the seat felt great. Sargent did exactly what I asked for and for a price that was very fair; mod. came in, with postage, under $200 (using their current promotion of $20 off).
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Sargent-Seat-Mod

·
Registered
63 Posts
Norm said:
Howard sold the bike to JP recently.

I think that the sargent seat looks great. But it is too tall for me. They removed the backrest and added foam to the drivers seat, then put on a new cover. It's a shame that I am going to have to rework it to reduce the height of the foam and reinstall the butt rest. I just don't know how else to fix my problem. I'm 5' 7" with a 29" inseam. I can touch the ground on both sides, but not flat foot like I can on my 400.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Semi-custom seats being "too high" seems to be a common problem.

I have a 32 inseam and I know I'll still want something lower than stock.

I like the looks of a true custom, from a saddle maker who goes through an interview/sit-n-fit process.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had Sargent seats modify a BMW R60 seat a few years ago, they do good work and are reasonable.........Rich

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.