Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has an ipod hookup, aux rca inputs and outputs, amplifier turn on wire, and regular speaker outputs as well. So, lots of room for expansion. No card reader though or usb port. I plan on adding XM in the future through the aux rca inputs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seems many have complained about engine/tranny noise on their installations. How did you cure that? Jim
No issues with engine noise. No ground loop isolator on this radio. I got my power source from the accessory connector near the headlights. This is also on a 2013 Burgman 650, so maybe there is a difference there also.

Ordered the SiriusXM Stratus 7 for it. Just need to figure out where I want to mount it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice installation! How is the sound at speed and what did you use for speakers? I use a windshield suction cup for my old XM that plays through my radio on my bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sound is good at regular cruising speeds, but at 75 on the highway it just like any other motorcycle. A bit harder to understand at 75. Even my Goldwing is hard to hear on the highway. Speakers are the 2.25" Pyle speakers on ebay($45). Sound is good from them considering their size. Obviously they lack the rocking bass that a larger speaker will give you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only issue I am having is the radio signal gets weak when I accelerate. Maybe I need to change the routing of the antenna wire. It has a good chassis ground, but the cable runs from the back, along the frame near the motor, and up to the radio. Its not going to matter once I get the xm installed, but would still likre to know what is causing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts