Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Administrator
22,249 Posts
I do not remember the brand of snowmobile glove that had special copper bands in them to wick the heat from the insides of the palm to the finger tips. They were passive, no batteries. With heated grips it would move some heat out to help keep my fingers warm. I lost those gloves over 12 years ago.

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
Brief article on changes for the 2022 550:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Brief article on changes for the 2022 550:

Not to crazy about the new bodywork. "Touring focused amenities" No cruise? Probably going to see a bump on the MSRP too.

My opinion was they had a good machine that seemed to be selling well. They have the whole US market to themselves for that displacement. They probably would have done better by leaving it and dropping the price a bit.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
This "new" model unveiled at EICMA is not the same as the 2022 USA model like the one I have. Likely only overseas countries will get this new model and we won't see it here until 2023 at the soonest.
I'm not so certain the changes will be a big difference for touring. On my maiden ride home from the dealer, 406 miles away, I found the current USA 2022 model to be very comfortable. I will say that the stock seat on my AK 550 was far more comfortable for that longer ride than the stock seat on the Burgman 650. It seems so far to be as comfortable as the Corbin seat on my Burgman 650 that was just traded. Hard to imagine they could make it any more comfortable. And since this new one is for the Euro/Asian markets (mainly) I'm not liking the smaller gas tank that those countries get in the AK... the USA model is still 3.9 gallon (15 L) but the Euro 5 version over there is only 3.3 gallon (12.5 L). So not really better for LD touring unless they made the tank in this new variant bigger than the current Euro 5 model. We didn't get the Euro 5 variant in the USA... which I'm fine with.

·
Registered
286 Posts
This just in (oops, 6 days ago) …
2021 KYMCO AK 550 used 1743 miles $8500
from a dealer near San Diego

I might have considered trading in my old Burgy but:
  • This is not an authorized Kymco dealer.
  • There is no Kymco dealer within 100 miles who sells the 550.
  • So parts & service are very iffy here in the 8th largest city in the USA.
(And arguably the best city for year 'round two wheeled travel.)

121 - 127 of 127 Posts