Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a message bounced by the forum censor filter. Several attempts at editing and resubmitting didn't help so obviously I missed something or maybe several somethings.

The censor message doesn't give a clue.

Where can I find the listing of the filters so I can avoid this in the future?

·
Administrator
22,436 Posts
When the Aske picks out key trigger words, it posts an alert to the Moderators. We can review it and pick to approve or delete it. Since Jan 1st there has only been 1 reported and it was not yours. So I do not see it. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts
I think the auto-filter hard coded into the forum software might be filtering things out.
I seem to remember somebody had an issue with an innocent word in their region that was a racial slur in another region and they hadn’t realised/considered.

·
Premium Member
18,065 Posts
Didya warsh yer hands before typing? Sometimes that gets me in trouble, like when I just got home from the Klub

·
Administrator
22,436 Posts
Everytime Mikey comes back from the Kitty Kat Klub at 2:30 AM, we have to do a deep cleaning of the forums. We need to get him a Flea Collar.

·
Premium Member
9,870 Posts
@nulldevice:

You could:
  • Type your intended message in some text app, word processor, etc., on your computer.
  • Take a screen shot, screen grab, whatever you want to call it, that saves that screen as an image (a PNG or JPG file, typically).
  • Write some short and trivial introductory text as your Message or Post (to satisfy non-blank text requirements, if any).
  • Attach that screen grab to the short Message or Post, as you would a picture of a scooter, etc.
I think that would work, and bypass all censorship mechanisms.

Of course, I am assuming that you would otherwise follow all forum rules, such that the pictured text wouldn't include anything racist, sexist, illegal, and so on and so forth.

Here's an example of just that process:

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Parallel

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts
@nulldevice:

You could:
  • Type your intended message in some text app, word processor, etc., on your computer.
  • Take a screen shot, screen grab, whatever you want to call it, that saves that screen as an image (a PNG or JPG file, typically).
  • Write some short and trivial introductory text as your Message or Post (to satisfy non-blank text requirements, if any).
  • Attach that screen grab to the short Message or Post, as you would a picture of a scooter, etc.
I think that would work, and bypass all censorship mechanisms.

Of course, I am assuming that you would otherwise follow all forum rules, such that the pictured text wouldn't include anything racist, sexist, illegal, and so on and so forth.

Here's an example of just that process:

View attachment 97100
Does it catch those Pesky Pronouns yet ?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Try writing it in pig Latin.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
4,299 Posts
People get "browned off" with it though, after a while.:sneaky:
I had to look that one up just to be sure….

browned off

adjective
INFORMAL•BRITISH
  1. annoyed, irritated, or dissatisfied.
    "politicians make and break so many promises that it's no wonder the public are browned off"
Oxford Languages

·
Registered
898 Posts
What's the meaning of the phrase 'Browned off'?
To be 'browned off' is to be bored or fed-up.
Publication Font Symmetry Paper Paper product
Publication Font Book Paper Newspaper

(Pics are of 60 year old dictionary pages from my bookcase).

What's the origin of the phrase 'Browned off'?
'Browned off' is most widely associated with the British forces, especially the RAF, and is generally dated from around the time of WWII.

EDIT - Font size reduced.Thumbnails added

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I had to look that one up just to be sure….

browned off

adjective
INFORMAL•BRITISH
  1. annoyed, irritated, or dissatisfied.
    "politicians make and break so many promises that it's no wonder the public are browned off"
Oxford Languages
This is where I learned the subtle differences in the "Kings English"!

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts
@nulldevice

Did the message you received specifically say your post was censored, rather than just rejected?

Usually individual words are just replaced or blanked out (a commonly used word here is considered an expletive in the US, it just gets dropped from the message).

Code snippets or links to sites that are listed as hosting harmful or explicit content, or banned for spamming might be rejected by some algorithm (possibly oddball infringements like a picture in the title).

As Dave said, nothing has come up in the approval queue, so perhaps it isn’t a word that is causing the issue.
You could try sending it as a message to a mod and see if that sheds any light.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@nulldevice

Did the message you received specifically say your post was censored, rather than just rejected?

Usually individual words are just replaced or blanked out (a commonly used word here is considered an expletive in the US, it just gets dropped from the message).

Code snippets or links to sites that are listed as hosting harmful or explicit content, or banned for spamming might be rejected by some algorithm (possibly oddball infringements like a picture in the title).

As Dave said, nothing has come up in the approval queue, so perhaps it isn’t a word that is causing the issue.
You could try sending it as a message to a mod and see if that sheds any light.
It said rejected. I went a bit over the top with my word choice using the word censored. I now have a different avenue of exploration of this. It may be it was rejected by a filter by who I sent it to set up.

·
Super Moderator
5,520 Posts
Ah…PMs and profile page messages wouldn’t trigger a mod alert. I thought we were talking about forum posts.
The recipients settings makes sense.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts