Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself my own Burgie 650 yesterday.:p

I got my wife one last year--pearl white. Anybody who asked I would say that was the one bike I would keep.

Yesterday, I am looking at CL and there was an older guy 3 Miles away selling one. He bought the silver one last year used with 5K miles. He put 4K miles and was told by his doc he should not ride anymore because of back problems. I took the bike out for a ride and offered him asking price when I got back. It was still a very good deal. He had laid the bike down on the right side and there is some minor abrasion on the mirror and Right sided panels. Nothing major. I will be asking soon where to get a few minor items like handlebar end weights, Right brake lever and paint to touch up the abrasions.

The Burgmans will extend our riding as we get older.

Thanks,
Simba

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I would say it's a perfect couple :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
They're a beautiful couple together. Nice top box on the new one too. Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought a brake lever for my 650 at my local laws dealership and they installed free. Gratsvon the pir, they look beautiful :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
VERY sweet!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I bought a brake lever for my 650 at my local laws dealership and they installed free. Gratsvon the pir, they look beautiful :)
What is a laws dealership? :confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank You Friends,
I hope that my wife and I get to do a lot of riding together--I also got her a TW200 and so far so good. Even though, she is not as passionate about riding as I am, she still humors me and joins in. She does love her pearl white Burgie, though!
Thanks,
Simba

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
.... I will be asking soon where to get a few minor items like handlebar end weights.......
For bar end weights, check Ebay for Manic Salamanders...
available in stainless steel.....they don't come loose, &
are lower price than OEM bar end weights from Suzuki.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
congrats on the new ride, looks great, now you can both do lots :p:p:p of this while riding together.

all the best...
You and your videos have made it easy to be a Burgman 650 owner. I am not a good wrencher at all, but you have helped me gain confidence.
Thanks,
Simba

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice, just like ours (although mine is the white one).

Next, get some comms. They make a huge difference when riding pairs. We have Scala Q2, which are old now. SENA SMH-10 are the ones to get, or else the new -20 version.

Regards
Scott Fraser

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice, just like ours (although mine is the white one).

Next, get some comms. They make a huge difference when riding pairs. We have Scala Q2, which are old now. SENA SMH-10 are the ones to get, or else the new -20 version.

Regards
Scott Fraser
We have thought about communication gear--I will also look what my riding buddies are using. I guess not all systems are compatible.

If you like N. Nenshi--he is my Cousin. If not, I never liked the him. :p

Thanks,
Simba

1 - 19 of 19 Posts