Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received My New Seat from Cary Vincent a few weeks ago.

I have to say, that seat is EXCELLENT!!!

It is a MAJOR difference, Between this new Cary Vincent Super Plush Comfortable seat is, and what the stock Painful seat was.

I could only ride my B650 for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before needing to take a break and get off and walk around.

But now, I can ride this bike for HOURS with out needing a break.

When i had him build my seat i told him to make it "THE ABSOLUTELY MOST COMFORTABLE SEAT YOU CAN MAKE FOR THE FRONT AND REAR OF THE SEAT!!"

And He did just that it is the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on.

I have had 13 Goldwings and other motorcycles, it is more comfortable than the latest stock Goldwing seat.

This new seat combined with my new Front and rear suspension, has transformed my Burgman 650 into a Goldwing smooth riding bike, at about half the weight

Thank You Cary Vincent for this absolutely Fantastically comfortable seat. And it even looks great too.

Also the wife says it is Very Comfortable on the Rear Seat

Attachments

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thank you, there is no better feeling to know that someone really is getting to ride longer.

Gary wanted the max padding for him and his wife. It is a little puffy around the sides, but it is custom made. The cover for the Isuzu headrest makes it complete.

·
Administrator
18,364 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It all sounds good and I am glad that you are happy with the seat. For me the issue was not the seat but the back(non)rest, and the solution for me was a Bearcat backrest covered with a Putnam blow-up cushion. I now can ride many miles with no pain. I would, however be very interested to know how you have altered the Burgy's front (non)suspension.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suspension Upgrades were

Front:
I used Racetech front suspension spring & emulator 15w fork oil

Rear:
I modified a pair of Goldwing Air shocks so that they would mount on the Burgman650

The Rear suspension made the most significant difference, but the front was also a big difference.

But i cannot tell how much better my riding experience is with all the suspension mods i made including the seat i classify the seat as a suspension mod. and a very good one it is.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
insp03 said:
What did it cost?????
My seat was Cary's BEST for the rider and passenger.

My seat is also Carys upgraded faux Leather, it is a +$ adder, if you want something more like stock it is less $$

if you only need the rider's seat and NOT the passenger, or if you do not need the way Overstuffed version it would be less.

It depends on what you are looking for

I would suggest talking to Cary

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The one regret I'm going to have when getting the 2013 when it comes out is NOT BEING ABLE TO FIT HIS SEAT I HAVE ON MY CURRENT ONE!. It has been amongst the best upgrades I've made to the burg and certainly don't wish to part with it. But, if the new one is the same old brick of a seat then another order is gonna be place me thinks :wink:

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am sure we can work something out. When will you be getting the new 2013 Burgman?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'm sure that there is something to be done 8) . It'll be awhile yet before I have mine prepped for sale. Then of course, actually selling it to have the funds for a down payment on the new model which won't be till March or April till they are available anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts