Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was waiting until I had her at home, however the west coast weather is no working out so well for that right now so I'll settle for having the title officially transferred.

2005 650 with just under 9000km on the clock, looks to be in great shape, the mechanic passed (they're putting new tires on), and test ride seemed good to me. The previous owners rode her around the prairies, but after moving to Vancouver found the traffic too much and didn't ride as much.

I'm already working off a list of things to do, this site and contributors are awesome. Hopefully it will clear up a bit and I can ride her home this weekend. I used to ride a Fly 50 year round as my commuter, but was itching to get some highway miles, plus my commute now forgoes using a 50... Took my Motorcycle training in the summer, and now some nice overtime came my way so I pulled the trigger.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Nice! Like the blue. Ride safe and SMILE !

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Lovely! Same year and colour as mine. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Congrats, really like the blue like my first '03 Burgy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, yeah I'm really happy with the blue. My Fly was blue as well and I swapped out all the chrome badges for reflective Hi-Viz yellow. I think I'm going to do the same with this one, some thing like this.
My old Fly

Photoshop of sample 650

·
Administrator
18,387 Posts
I did not know what Vancouver you were talking about but your last photo let me know.

You will find that the 650 will help you deal with riding in more nasty conditions than the Fly 50 or a AN400. Where the 650 shines in in heavy winds or side drafts of a BIG RIG truck. I can almost ride past a big rig dragging my hand on its side, and when I get to the front the blast does not buffet me around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I took the Burg in my local Suzuki dealer for a service, wanted to make sure all the fluids were fresh and give me a starting point for my own service intervals. While in there I had them check and replace the famous stopper bolt. Good thing i did as this 2005 with 9200km (just under 6000 miles) on the Odo still had the old brass coloured bolt and it was definitely showing signs of wear starting. The tip was discolouring a bit, heat I'd guess, and there were chip / gouging on the edge. Similar to photos some have posted of bolts they pulled from their rides. In talking with the dealer, he mentioned he had only ever seen one fail, but what a mess... He now routinely swaps the old ones out for new ones. He did say he's never seen a new style one fail.

So now all my fluids are good, new oil filter, new stopper bolt and they said my break pads were fine. So here's to the start of some long and happy riding.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts