Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find working on these plastic body scooters rather tedious with all these screws , push pins , little specialty nuts and bolts etc ad nauseam . It take longer some times to take the plastics off and on than the service . Any way I bought one of these recently to see if it would speed up or make the job a little easier . I used it on this new to me 06 burg , has a high torque very slow speed perfect for all these scooter fasteners . Removing a screw I use it with no power to break the screw lose , then on low speed remove it . Once you learn to use it , it works beautifully . I bought the $129 unit with the 2 batteries . LOVE IT !

TheReaper!

http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2101-22-4v-cordless-m4-lithium-ion-1-4-in-hex-screwdriver-kit/miln2101-22,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=milwaukee-cordless-screwdrivers

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know why the link above went to another page . This is the unit .

Milwaukee 2101-22 4V Cordless M4 Lithium-Ion 1/4-in Hex Screwdriver Kit

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah found the same issue, link goes to a general page. Just Crtl + C'd your posted link into the tab and that worked. I thought that perhaps the link may have inadvertently got a space added into it, given it such a long link?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
It works, nice that it has the adjustable clutch on it too. I just have one of those Ryobi 18V kits from Home Depot.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
MY FAVORITE "TOOLS" ARE GASOLINE, OIL, GOOD TIRES ,,,AND NICE WEATHER......!!!! DON'T NEED NUTTIN ELSE!!:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It works, nice that it has the adjustable clutch on it too. I just have one of those Ryobi 18V kits from Home Depot.
For some one like you who does a lot of plastic body wrenching , one of these would be a God send . I have several impacts of all sizes , but they are just way to powerful for use on these plastic body scoots . I don't know about the Ryobi , but this Milwaukie on low speed and clutch is near perfect for this application . I used it on the screws and with a 3/8 adapter with smaller sockets , it makes for a quick and easy R&R of all the screws and bolts . With the power off I crack the bolt or screw loose then on low speed just run it out . Then the opposite when replacing the fasteners , run them in under power then tighten the rest of the way by hand . Once I got the hang of it , it got super fast and super easy . With 3 blown disc in my lumbar this is just what the doctor ordered .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
For some one like you who does a lot of plastic body wrenching , one of these would be a God send . I have several impacts of all sizes , but they are just way to powerful for use on these plastic body scoots . I don't know about the Ryobi , but this Milwaukie on low speed and clutch is near perfect for this application . I used it on the screws and with a 3/8 adapter with smaller sockets , it makes for a quick and easy R&R of all the screws and bolts . With the power off I crack the bolt or screw loose then on low speed just run it out . Then the opposite when replacing the fasteners , run them in under power then tighten the rest of the way by hand . Once I got the hang of it , it got super fast and super easy . With 3 blown disc in my lumbar this is just what the doctor ordered .
Indeed perfect for that job, nice its Lithium-Ion too. Milwaukee makes great tools, a bit pricey but great. I'd love one of these http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2663-22-18v-cordless-m18-1-2-in-lithium-ion-impact-wrench/miln2663-22,default,pd.html?start=3&q=1%2f2%22%20impact best 1/2" cordless impact period.

For me when I don't feel like using my Snap-On ratcheting screwdriver I use the Ryobi. Years ago as a mechanic I started with Makita cordless and was very happy with them. When I bought my house I ended up buying one of those Ryobi all in one kits and have been pretty happy with it other than the Ni-Cad batteries which I've swapped at least one out for the Lithium-Ion (better). I needed something multi purpose (I've done several things with that kit including building a custom shed) and having the adjustable clutch is great for light weight jobs where you don't want to break anything.

Having the right power tools makes thing so much nicer indeed, makes you wonder why one used to do it the old easy, lol. As I've heard it said work smarter not harder. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed perfect for that job, nice its Lithium-Ion too. Milwaukee makes great tools, a bit pricey but great. I'd love one of these http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/milwaukee-2663-22-18v-cordless-m18-1-2-in-lithium-ion-impact-wrench/miln2663-22,default,pd.html?start=3&q=1/2" impact best 1/2" cordless impact period.

For me when I don't feel like using my Snap-On ratcheting screwdriver I use the Ryobi. Years ago as a mechanic I started with Makita cordless and was very happy with them. When I bought my house I ended up buying one of those Ryobi all in one kits and have been pretty happy with it other than the Ni-Cad batteries which I've swapped at least one out for the Lithium-Ion (better). I needed something multi purpose (I've done several things with that kit including building a custom shed) and having the adjustable clutch is great for light weight jobs where you don't want to break anything.

Having the right power tools makes thing so much nicer indeed, makes you wonder why one used to do it the old easy, lol. As I've heard it said work smarter not harder. :thumbup:
After I retired in 2004 I dabbled in the liquidation field for awhile . When the construction biz went I bought out several builders and contractors . I wound up with a lot of free tools , among them a new complete set and then some of 36 volt Dewalt power tools . They are big powerful and heavy , and the absolute hands down best I've ever seen or used . The batteries by themselves weigh more than most tools , it's the closest thing to electric without the cord I've ever used . They didn't sell well and Dewalt discontinued them . Not to many people wanted to pay $600 for drill LOL .
I too have several Makita tools some old and some newer . The newer Makita tools are almost to powerful , you can easily strip screw heads and snap bolt heads with them . On the Milwaukie screw driver , it's near perfect and for only $129 it's a bargain . Those little batteries go a lot longer than I would have expected . I think you would really like it .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
For just changing oil, trans oil, and rear gear oil I don't remove any tupperware at all. Just use the overfill holes as a "fill" hole.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
For just changing oil, trans oil, and rear gear oil I don't remove any tupperware at all. Just use the overfill holes as a "fill" hole.
I'd like to see how you fill the engine oil through the drain hole or filter adapter and get the final drive oil out/in around the cover. :D

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think that he was just talking about the transmission when he said he used the overflow hole to fill. BTW, that is something you can no longer do on the 2013. Have to take Tupperware off to get at the overflow hole.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts