Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I just looked up the Ryker 600 ... if my Burgman 650 ever sounded like the Ryker 600 ....I’d shoot it and walk away.

Reactions: RollingStone

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Not sure what is Ryker and what is wind noise
I’d say 0-25mph should be mostly the machine.

Here’s another ....it just seems labored :

Reactions: RollingStone

·
Premium Member
9,517 Posts
That puppy is working waaaay too hard.
If you go from $8,799 to $10,199 with the Ryker, you go from a 600 to a 900cc engine ( which is what I’d do, if I were buying one)..

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
I’d spend $6k for a used Rag Top Mazda Miata with a pretty chauffeur with a short scarf.

Reactions: dogboy

·
Premium Member
9,517 Posts
Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the installer took it out to give it a ride check before I picked it up, he said to me, “I had it at 80.. and it wasn’t even working hard. Cudda gone faster with ease”.
Then He says to me, “And wow, did you know these mirrors retract?”.

Lol.

My bottom line is that I wanted to keep the Burgman 650 and not go for any other bike. Several had said Spyder, Ryker etc…. I just didn’t want to do that.
I am VERY happy with this result and would recommend it to anyone thinking Trike is in their future.

Pat

·
Registered
205 Posts
When the installer took it out to give it a ride check before I picked it up, he said to me, “I had it at 80.. and it wasn’t even working hard. Cudda gone faster with ease”.
Then He says to me, “And wow, did you know these mirrors retract?”.

Lol.

My bottom line is that I wanted to keep the Burgman 650 and not go for any other bike. Several had said Spyder, Ryker etc…. I just didn’t want to do that.
I am VERY happy with this result and would recommend it to anyone thinking Trike is in their future.

Pat
No one is questioning your choice but the bottom line is: cost of Burgman, trike equipment, and labor install: what are you in the rig for?

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
It looks really nice. Looks like a solid rear axle, so I guess no more leaning into a turn. That's the only thing I think I'd like about a can-am.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The Can-Am trikes don't lean into turns either.

For that, there's the Piaggio MP3 series, the Yamaha Niken and Tricity, and the Peugeot Metropolis 400i.

Only the MP3 and Niken are available in the US market. There are aftermarket conversion kits for other bikes.

·
Premium Member
9,517 Posts
The Can-Am trikes don't lean into turns either.

For that, there's the Piaggio MP3 series, the Yamaha Niken and Tricity, and the Peugeot Metropolis 400i.

Only the MP3 and Niken are available in the US market. There are aftermarket conversion kits for other bikes.
Right you are.

And if anyone's interested, I rented an MP3 for a day in 2008 -- in Wildwood, NJ, for my wife and me, to explore the town -- and a Niken for a week -- in the Alps, in 2019, as part of an Edelweiss tour. The MP3 is really too cramped for my liking (no stretch-out room, like the Big Burger), and the Niken is way too tall and top-heavy (but very powerful and nice handling), so I can't see owning either ... but both were a lot of fun, for the short term.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts