Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 23362

Following much deliberation I eventually decided that a Burgman 650 was the way to go.

After a little light market research I ended up at B&B Motorcycles of Lincoln and a deal was struck.

Decided to push my luck a little and asked if I could have access to the bike while it was on the bench during build so that I could give it a good coat of Acf50. Better than that Peter (the proprietor) said "Why don't you join us for the day and get involved in the whole process". What a offer.
After keeping me informed regarding delivery it was confirmed for Monday 17th March. At 9 o'clock on the designated day I was stood at B&B with a cup of tea in hand when the lorry rolled up. To my surprise for a man of my mature years I was rather excited. There are two technician's working at B&B, Julian and Ben. Both are professional factory trained skilled engineer's and watching them during the course of the day was so confidence inspiring. Julian had been asigned the build of the Burgman and as torque wrenches and copper slip flourished his attention to detail was something to behold. Everything was done to spec then rechecked, wonderfull. To sum up, this wasn't just getting a new bike it was a rather special experience and for that I am very grateful to the team at B&B, Peter, Tony, Julian and Ben. What their preparedness to allow me the level of access/involvement that they did speaks volumes as to the standards and quality of the dealership. I now have a quality bike which I have full confidence in, knowing it will be maintained to the highest standard in the future. Don't get a lot better than this.

Geoff.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I believe this is a burgmanusa first: an actual live birth of a Burgman! And you got to be in the delivery room. You must be a proud Papa - cigars all around!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Congratulations on the new toy, Geoff!
And while i like the old design a bit better, i believe it was the right way to go as the new model still has a couple of nice refinements:

And I like this color a lot! Hmm, i wonder why? :D

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
congrats on your new awesome bike!, I also got the unboxing pics of my 400 but didn't get close to the build up process, which is so cool! now its time to enjoy your burgy!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Well, you know -- it actually grows on me, contrary to the new V-Strom which also grows but in the opposite direction

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Cool - thanks for sharing....what's the politically correct version of a cigar these days at a birth :D

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
REALLY COOL, would love to have opportunity do the same thing on next 650, me envious.

CONGRATULTION on your great bike.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Wow let you into the service area to watch. Would never happen here in California with all the insurance regulations.
Nice write-up & great pictures.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is the ultimate in buying a new bike to see and help in delivering it into the world it is akin to watching some thing being born.

A big congratulations :wave:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Congrats, looks like they use the same lift that Harbor Freight sells and many of us have, cool. The dealer I use has five Harbor Freight lifts so sometimes China does get it right.
You are a lucky man to get that close to the uncrating and setup.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
That is really too cool. Didn't get close to my 400 when it was new. Just sat outside like an expectant father.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I'd like to get my hands on a crate like that.
The trucks have much less load when they go back south to Italy than when they come from there, so I could get my Burgman hauled cheap to Italy in a crate like that and ride it back home.
They won't touch a bike on its wheels, but a crate they can handle with a fork lift is no problem.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
ErikDK, have you asked a dealer if they would save one for you ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts