Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 400 this morning, 30 k's on busy streets ( my first time on any city roads) speed limits between 30 to 80 kph ,very hard to keep speed below 4000rpm

What a blast :lol:

Dose anybody have a 2x4 to knock the smile off of my face ???? :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats Agent ...but it's going to take more than a 2x4 to wipe off that smile. Been there :wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ditto! I just got mine about a month ago. I've only been able to ride it a few times... but this Saturday I finally got some time off to ride it up and down the hills of Burbank/Glendale. Ended up riding it for about 3 hours. NEVER have I been in a such a good mood! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agent

Got my 400 last week and put 72 miles on it this weekend. My buddies all laughed when I old them I was getting a scooter.....when they saw it this weekend, they were all drooling. I am smiling right along with you :lol:

·
Registered
605 Posts
There with you...

Hey,

Glad to hear someone else feels the same way. I have 6 bikes and the one that I take out is the Burgman 400. I just started commuting (after 1000 kms break in) and it starts my day off. Life is good!

I had similar experiences with my friends. In fact I had some guy follow me through a park and when I stopped he jumped out of his vehicle to take a closer look. Then at a local sport bike hang out, I had one of them ask if he could take it for a test ride. I said no in a rather condesending tone and after asking him if he rode a sport bike and then again inferred he was a little too young to be seen riding such a nice scooter. Then yet again after meeting a friend for coffee, we parked and were approached by an admirer of the Burgman....completely ignoring my friend's BMW R1100GS Adventurer! He said, "Oh I see these M/C's all the time!" There are only about 5-6 Adventurers sold in all of British Columbia. We'll be enjoying our Burgmans for a long time. If fact, I notice most male admirers are older and seem to take the attitude, "I can get one of those because the wife would certainly approve". Timothy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello USA Burgers!!

A new (Dutch) Burgerfan living in Belgium. Finally, I reached the 1000 kms (standard in Europe) on my 400 and it is now in for service. I really enjoy my 400, but the first 1000 kms are a pain.
Compliments for this site! All the information on your forum was very interesting and made my decision, on which scooter to buy, a lot easier.
Keep going !!! Henk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts