Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 116 miles on it i thought it get 60 to 70 milles per gallon refueled 67 miles ago says it only has one bar of fuel and the fuel light is on. am i doing something wrong?

·
Premium Member
8,319 Posts
just to verify, show us your rpm readings at 10-20-30-40-50-60 mph or kph and we can show you what ours are in comparison, also , put it on the center stand and observe the back wheel moving at (what )rpm I think my service manual had those numbers for a test, a service manual (paper) will run a close second to a wifey as the third best thing you ever acquired, (the burgman being the first, wifey second, because she remembers where the service manual is.. uh,, among other reasons.

I advocate paper because you can write notes in it like wrench sizes, etc and hide money in between the pages, swmbo will never look in there because she already knows everything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting. I am about to hit 8000 miles on my 2018 400 and have been very pleasantly surprised with the MPG. Note: my readings are from the questionably accurate bike odometer but it's all relative if you know what I mean. This my 3rd 400 and my other two (2009 and 2013) got around 55mpg - my 2018 is getting 73 mpg as of this morning..and that is with a Clearview windscreen which is several inches larger than the OEM screen and cut my mpg by 2-3 from what I was getting prior to installation - but well worth it with the decrease in wind noise. I might add that the 2018 has a bit of added weight with a 40L top box. I did notice an increase of a few mpg when I swapped out my OEM air filter with a K&N filter. I'm not sure what Suzuki did starting with the remodeled 2018 but I am happy with it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
what maccecht said, it's not broke in yet.

If you're following the owners manual break in and keeping the rippums under 4 or 5,000, that is, in my experience, slightly lugging the engine. I've found best MPGs when riding between 5,000 - 6,750 rippums.

Proper break-in technique is another thread topic of epic biblical proportion. Personally, I wouldn't baby it, just ride it and enjoy. However, I wouldn't go out on the slab and pin it at WOT for an hour to do a top speed run either...but I digress.

Go ride and enjoy the new 400. Don't worry about the MPGs until you have about 1,000 miles on the clock. YMMV

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems unduly high, but a new engine DOES need bedding in before it will give it's best, my 2018 (new type model) shows 75 MPG on it's computer read out option (4k Miles since new), I haven't tried to work out the exact actual mileage - but a tank seems to last a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts