Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start with I have owned at least 15 different motorcycles from a Honda 50, Suzuki GS1100GK Honda gold wing Harley heritage Harley ultra classic Harley sportster and a 650 burgman and when I have been asked which is the best bike I always said depends on what type of riding are you doing and in my mind I thought I always needed two a sportster for solo local riding and the ultra classic for my long distance cross country trips which I’ve done no less than ten cross country trips but boy was I wrong the burgman is all bikes rolled into one it’s great around town no clutch, shifting, great storage for those trips to the post office or store get into the curvy roads the handling is great add in some hills in the corners switch to power mode and it easily keeps up with the best of any all around bike The abs brakes are far better than I expected and have had to use them with great success and cross country from the California coast to Roswell Georgia it ran like a champ and I was able to out distance in comfort my son on his 2020 Harley road glide taking into consideration my old aged bones and hips on my part so the only two short comings 1) I used a little bit of oil in 7000 miles it went from the high side of the site glass to barley showing although when I changed the oil and filter (I put the old oil into the empty quarts) to dispose of it,it was only about a half quart low and the tires in 6000 on the rear show major signs or wear not worned out but worn front had to be replaced but it was the factory front with almost 9700 miles on it and it might have made it home but I’m a chicken as it was showing signs of cupping and I had to go across the desert with well over 100 degrees days other than that the burgman is the perfect bike (for me anyway) and will do it all I’m now on the planning stage of an Alaska trip and a trip up to Oregon, Washington, Montana,Idaho, Utah, Nevada, and back to California and best of all my wife who rides the heck out of her burgman 200 is getting a upgrade to a 400 so she can make those trips with me
38680ADC-16BF-4B15-ABBE-4C0E312DB454.jpeg
BE214A27-3326-4DE0-80DB-56860C1396B7.jpeg
829CFB33-FE41-484D-A030-2E84490B6BA8.jpeg

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
I am 1/3, 1100 miles of 3300 miles one way, between you and Anchorage Alaska. Tools and camping room too.

You may need a rear tire on your trip back and I'd be 5/6 (5500 miles) on your return.... Unless you go to the DARKSIDE. :whistle:

Read thru Member MarilynsPrince's Post from Redding to northern Alaska: "Alaska, Here I come"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am 1/3, 1100 miles of 3300 miles one way, between you and Anchorage Alaska. Tools and camping room too.

You may need a rear tire on your trip back and I'd be 5/6 (5500 miles) on your return.... Unless you go to the DARKSIDE. :whistle:

Read thru Member MarilynsPrince's Post from Redding to northern Alaska: "Alaska, Here I come"
Nice to know and what a great forum thank you very much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts