Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my beloved Bandit...
Mapped, tuned, secondaries removed, sprocket. This was an amazing bullet proof, easy to work on fast, nimble bike. Possibly the best motorcycle I've owned. I've never been disappointed by any Suzuki. I have had bikes that have fallen short from very other manufacturer. Found this in a conversation with a friend this morning and thought I'd share. This was the most thrill to ride.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

My new Burgman, the most enjoyable all-around comfort to ride.
Plant Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Tree

Registered
SO, revised thread title?
My PREVIOUS and LAST :unsure: Suzukis.

My previous Suzuki ( a V-Strom ) was my first. It made me wonder why I left it so many years to enter the Suzuki Experience. Superb, flexible, economical bike. Munched miles.
My late friend's son started his racing career on a GS1000 (the original air/oil cooled one - and, like yours, Bulletproof).

I assume my Burgman will be my last Suzuki. That was the plan when I bought it. 馃

Registered
I heard the Bandit 1200 engine was silky smooth.

What year was your Bandit?

Administrator
I had the use of a Suzuki 250 Bandit for a month. It was one of those little cc fast bikes. 249cc Parallel 4 cylinder that would rev to 14,500 RPM. About 45 HP from 249cc. It would show 120 MPH on speedo. But if you babied for gas mileage it would give about 85 MPG.

I was in Kaiserslaturn Germany and almost bought it. Wish I did.
Looked sort of like this one, different fairing.
Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Registered
I had the use of a Suzuki 250 Bandit for a month. It was one of those little cc fast bikes. 249cc Parallel 4 cylinder that would rev to 14,500 RPM. About 45 HP from 249cc. It would show 120 MPH on speedo. But if you babied for gas mileage it would give about 85 MPG.

I was in Kaiserslaturn Germany and almost bought it. Wish I did.
Looked sort of like this one, different fairing.
View attachment 99002
Dont want to steal this thread on Bandits but I was watching this YouTube video yesterday on a Honda CB 350 4 cylinder motorcycle. Can you imagine how small the cylinders were?

Administrator
In the Asian markets Suzuki made some 175cc fours.

That Honda 350 Four had a Bore and Stroke of 47mm X 50mm and had 35 HP.

The Suzuki Bandit 250 Four had a Bore and Stroke of 49mm X 33mm and had 45 HP.

In my opinion, I think a Suzuki Bandit 250 would BEAT the snot out of my Burgman 650 in a race, ANY RACE. ;)

Administrator
Wow four pistons the size of shot glasses 鈥. imagine all that and the valves running at 14,500 RPM鈥. a Swiss Watch with a Throttle.
At 14,500 RPM that piston is hitting top dead center 242 times PER SECOND. The Sparkplug is firing the fuel mix 121 every second.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I reached only 161mph indicated...like a fool, not on the track. I use the Bayside bridge which spans the northern tip of Tampa Bay (no police) but you need to leave room to disengage when landing on the far side entering back into traffic. Early morning was best for my shenanigan's. I did this on my Connie, the Bayside bridge.

Water Cloud Water resources Sky Atmosphere

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Atmosphere

The 161mph was achieved on this bike.
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Plant Land vehicle Fuel tank

Registered
2012 Burgman 400
In the Asian markets Suzuki made some 175cc fours.

That Honda 350 Four had a Bore and Stroke of 47mm X 50mm and had 35 HP.

The Suzuki Bandit 250 Four had a Bore and Stroke of 49mm X 33mm and had 45 HP.

In my opinion, I think a Suzuki Bandit 250 would BEAT the snot out of my Burgman 650 in a race, ANY RACE. ;)
My first bike was a 1970 +/- Honda CL175, basically half the 350, it seems like the redline was 14,000 or so. Crazy...

Administrator
BurgD, I played a lot with Honda CB160's. Had maybe 7 over my younger years. Got them free not running and fixed the simple ignition points issue and sold them. It was basically half a Honda 305.

Reactions: JOHNY 650
1 - 15 of 15 Posts