Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 96 Posts

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I finished replacing my old clay sewer pipe today, cut the roots back from the neighbors Ficus tree and took two of my own trees down that were just too big for me to maintain any longer. Tired, sunburned and bloody sore fingers. I will rest well tonight and head out at daybreak for an all-day ride through North Central Florida. Hoping for rain free riding but have my gear on the bike. Breakfast and lunch will be on the road. Should be fun, ride report tomorrow evening.

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Central Florida Ride.
Rolled out at 7:00 am hit my local diner for bacon egg & cheese sandwich with grits and a sweet tea. Better to ride with a smiling stomach.
Food Tableware Table Plate Sliced bread

Then some brisk riding to get to my riding zone before it gets too hot (never happens) always too hot. On the roads I'm familiar with I always double these posted speeds a few I can triple even on this bike. Truly impressed, rock solid handling.
Plant Sky Automotive lighting Leaf Vehicle

This is some of the typical Florida scenery. I did see a rafter of turkey's cross the road. I turned around for a photo and did get it but did not post as they were too far away and small looking. It was impressive and I never see them during season, Haha they know, just mocking me. I never see them during hunting season.

Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Florida Cyprus
Plant Natural landscape Tree Wood Terrestrial plant

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

No shortage of curves, that's why I ride here. Bonus...if I overshoot a curve a get to roll around in the nice green grass.
Plant Sky Vehicle Motor vehicle Cloud

I also saw a hawk cross in front of me landing in a field, beautiful red chest. He actually turned his head in flight to look at me as he passed over, very cool and so peaceful to get out of the city congestion. I gave Mr. Hawk a head nod. The smells were great, brush burns are of my favorite, BBQ was popular today, smelled that several times must be for the holiday. Some fresh mowed hay/grass

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Central Florida Ride continued;
Sky Plant Nature Cloud Natural landscape

Florida Piney's
Plant Green Tree Automotive tire Motorcycle

Lone Black Angus (hamburger)
Sky Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tree

Sky Automotive tire Golf Golf equipment Automotive lighting

Just a relaxing ride today with some nice and surprisingly empty roads.
Plant Sky Road surface Leaf Natural landscape

Plant Sky Infrastructure Road surface Tree

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Discovered some new to me roads that really panned out well, total tree/shade canopy with hills. Thats right Florida hills and there's not many in this state.
Plant Automotive tire Road surface Vehicle Motor vehicle

Which way to go, no worries... I'll ride them both and glad I did. Little gems can't wait to get the wife back here when it cools down enough for her to have interest. I always spot a barn/yard sale and that piques her interest. No kidding, last time I had her out here on a motorcycle I had to ride home, get my truck & trailer to pick up an old fireplace mantel from an 1800's Farmhouse and an Iron headboard from the same home. That project took 6 months to finish. (Still not 100% complete) Maybe I make her ride blindfolded? She can still smell a good sale.
Plant Cloud Natural landscape Sky Asphalt

Plant Sky Tree Asphalt Road surface

Discovered a nice little lake on a backroad I've passed hundreds of times while flying by in group rides. Today was the day I was able to check it out and glad I was alone to do so. The views are gorgeous.
Cloud Sky Plant Nature Tree

Sky Plant Wheel Branch Shade

Sky Cloud Tire Ecoregion Plant

· Premium Member
2,462 Posts
I especially liked the breakfast pic.

Reactions: DarisPakar

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I especially liked the breakfast pic.
Yeah, I could have quit there, turned around and head home for a nap:) I'm losing interest in my once longing for all day riding, or overnighters. I used to so enjoy staying at fish camps. As long as I can get in a nice breakfast ride or ride to eat destination with some good scenery it's all good for me.

· Registered
2012 Burgman 400
343 Posts
Great thread, can't wait for some riding weather around here, maybe October. Love to see you enjoying your 650, kind of makes me want one. There was one for sale at a local dealer, but it's gone. When I had my beemer, I'd ride from Phoenix up to Cave Creek, nice, short, scenic area...not many curves very close around here.
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Great thread, can't wait for some riding weather around here, maybe October. Love to see you enjoying your 650, kind of makes me want one. There was one for sale at a local dealer, but it's gone. When I had my beemer, I'd ride from Phoenix up to Cave Creek, nice, short, scenic area...not many curves very close around here.
View attachment 100747
Thanks BurgDanno, nice shot and great yard. No grass to mow, perfect for Mikey. Never been to Cave Creek but were wanting to get back out and explore the NW corner we missed. Always fly into Phoenix, that could be easily checked out on our way North heading out of Phoenix. Wanted to check out Kingman, is it worth visiting? how many days needed?

We used to enjoy vacationing in Arizona. We rented from the only dealer that was renting at the time, Harley Davidson of Sedona and rode to the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead, Lake Powell and to the old jail in Jerome. Love your state.
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Building

I think this was in Jerome, all uphill 53 switchbacks, clutch hand was stiff at the end of this day.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Jerome Jail
Sky Plant Land lot Wall Brick

Sky Plant Natural landscape Twig Bedrock

Took a balloon ride with the only outfit licensed to fly over the Grand Canyon, gosh we enjoy Arizona, one of the most memorable vacations to date. First shot, our shadow from the balloon.

Sky Plant Tree Mountain Plain

Sky Mountain Natural landscape Bedrock Formation

Sky Mountain Formation Landscape Natural landscape

Good times, I'm glad your post opened up these old memories.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

We landed and the Balloon Chase crew served us mimosas in the dessert. Good times.

Jeans Sky Car Vehicle Sunglasses

This further confirms my fondness of the Burgman 650. I've owned so many bikes, Harleys, Shirleys, British, Touring, Sport Touring (my favorite), dirt, enduro, got stuck for a while in the Valkyrie cult and they all serve a purpose. I truly enjoy the quickness, nimbleness, flickable handling, great storage, gloveboxes, electric shield, lightweight and amenities bundled in plain old fun to ride Burgman.

Attachments

· Registered
2012 Burgman 400
343 Posts
Not much in Kingman really, they do have a rum distillery, Gold Miner, their agave infused rum is good! You could ride the old Route 66 up through Peach Springs, the area was the inspiration for the landscape in the "Cars" movies.

· Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I met a fellow who lives within walking distance to me, drives the same truck as me, the same SUV as me, and has a white Burgman 650. He stole this bike recently for $2800 bucks just serviced and brand-new Bridgestone SC2 Rain tires, GIVI shield, Ram accessories, wood grain dash, with low garaged miles. We rode for breakfast this morning, then I showed him some good riding areas. We had a blast; two like-minded riders are PERFECT. No more groups for me, this guy rides well, safe rider but still likes to have fun. I usually get folks to take it up a notch and enjoy their bikes once I see their skill level. Have I mentioned before how much I enjoy this bike? (Every other post) I fricking love this Burgman and riding with another good rider adds another layer of enjoyment. Such a nice morning riding. I feel absolutely refreshed from a stressful week. Burger Therapy.

I know... poor parking job, my fault. I whipped in at the lastminute when I saw the kitchen door open on this restaurant. I needed to deposit some coffee from breakfast, and nothing was open yet. I lucked out, they were accommodating.
Nice scenery under the center palm tree.

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Automotive tire

Then pressed on for a little tree cover as it warmed up out of the city.

Wheel Tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

I really enjoyed an early ride; I hope you all able to get some wind this weekend.

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
08 Burgman 400
17 Posts
I feel absolutely refreshed from a stressful week. Burger Therapy.
Therapy for sure!
I'm so glad you found a riding partner. I had a co-worker a few years ago I would go riding with regularly. We are both early risers and cautious riders. I had a 86 Helix and he had a 87. His had the built in Kenwood radio with 2 speakers. So cool.
I love riding by myself but sharing the road with a like minded rider is another level of joy.
Hope y'all have many more safe journeys.
P.S. Please keep posting your trips.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts