Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back from my first camping trip on my 2008 400 yesterday. I went to Oklahoma in the Ouachita National Forest. It's about 45 miles east of Mena, Arkansas. No one around but a few hunters. It was some great down-time.
A 555 mile round trip. Loaded down with whatever I needed and a few "wants". I had a great time! I rode the Talimena Drive.
While it was a bit chilly (COLD in the mornings), it was a great little trip that infused in me the NEED to hit the road for a longer trip! One thing I discovered, Burgmans don't really like gravel roads!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Looks like you had a great time out there! People tend to forget that we get winter down here in the south - it's just way different from a northern winter. Thanks for sharing the pix; it really makes me want to hit the road myself.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hey man, nice trip! what type of cup holder are you using there on the left side? and what's the brand of the pretty trunk?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Quite the set up you got there. What's going on with the seat? Photo wasn't clear. Looks like you raised the butt bumper very high and have some kind of pad. Do explain...

Looks like a great trip. Glad you had fun.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fernando- the cup holder is the cheap WalMart kind that you hang on a car door. I cut the hangy part off and screwed it to the plastic with two screws. Works great for me!
The cheapo top box was a universal fit off Ebay for around $36. I got it because it has a third brake light and turn signals (and I couldn't afford the Givi I wanted).

Liamjs- The backrest is one the Jac Vinson sells -do a search in here for more info. I got it off Ebay for about $60. I have a bandana wrapped around it because my butt rest needs a recover. Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burgman-400-Driver-Backrest-/250852048095?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a67f27cdf&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Is the bottle on the running board so you don't have to pullover when riding or not leaving the tent at night ?:eek:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like fun, except for the cold. I'm impressed with being able to pack the tent.
The tent was easy. It went under the seat with the Kelly Kettle. hatchet, radio, first aid kit, mess kit, US Henry Survival 22 rifle, rain suit pants, rope, and a few packages of freeze-dried meals.
The largest item was the Army sleeping bag. I got a compression sack for it the day before the trip. Glad I took it, it got cold at night!

Is the bottle on the running board so you don't have to pullover when riding or not leaving the tent at night ?:eek:
It's for not having to pull over :D I do have another container for what you're talking about :pottytrain3:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for sharing, wish I was out there.

I find my scoot do good on hunting and gravel roads, what they hate is gravel on hard top roads. Been down twice this year for gravel on the highway.

Keep riding and nice pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts