Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having arrived safely home yesterday with my new 650, I was ready for a test ride today to check out its abilities (and my inabilities).

For starters, I did my required pre-flight checks.

First, that stock windshield has got to go. Ok for this warmer weather, but probably not in a month or so.

Seat still isn't the best, but that is mostly my fault since I forgot to install my Airhawk and sheepskin cover today. Also need to start looking for a backrest extension since the old one from the 400 won't work.

Mirror position isn't the best compared to the 400, but I started getting used to looking downward by the end of the day.

Definitely feels heavier and more solid than the 400 did and takes a little more effort to steer and corner, mostly at the lower speeds. Took a ride on a little very mini (very mini) "tail of the dragon" road about ten miles long. Took the first two miles to get the feel of its handling, then I did real well after that.

Definitely can feel the extra power is there, but I did not do anything excessive today since the engine is brand new.

Must more stable in the windy conditions than the 400.

Much smoother feeling in the entire powerband with even acceleration all the way up.

Yes, that "Turbine whine" gear sound is there, but sounds kind of neat in a way.

All in all, I am greatly impressed and happy that I made the decision to get the 650 over the 400. Don't get me wrong, had my incident not occurred, I would still be riding that 400. Both have their positive points.

More riding tomorrow! Good weather called for all week. :p

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I would say your impressions are spot on. You'll really be impressed once you get a few hundred highway miles, though; that's where the 650 really shines.

I left my group ride early today because I had to get home for something. When I got on the freeway, gps indicated 118 miles to home. Big Burgman grin! I knew I'd have a most enjoyable 2 hours of riding bliss, motoring through the Mohave desert.

May all your travels on the new bike be so enjoyable. Congratulations

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congrats. I always encourage people to leave a bike alone as far as upgrades for a few thousand miles. Few listen to me and spend $$$$ they probably don't need to. The electric w/s on the '13 650 does a good job for most people with all the ability to adjust. The aftermarket w/s's don't bring a lot to the party, in my opinion, unless you want a barn door in front of you. Obviously others disagree. You have already spent a bundle, save your money and enjoy your ride.

Did you buy extended warranty? Now that is something I would do on a Burgman 650.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats. I always encourage people to leave a bike alone as far as upgrades for a few thousand miles. Few listen to me and spend $$$$ they probably don't need to. The electric w/s on the '13 650 does a good job for most people with all the ability to adjust. The aftermarket w/s's don't bring a lot to the party, in my opinion, unless you want a barn door in front of you. Obviously others disagree. You have already spent a bundle, save your money and enjoy your ride.

Did you buy extended warranty? Now that is something I would do on a Burgman 650.
Does extended warranty cover the CVT belt?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi AROTH,
I enjoy my 2013 Burg too. You are right about the windshield, at least for me at 6'1" I need a little more height. I would like to upgrade if anyone has suggestions for a good windshield I am all ears. Two features that I thought were silly when I first got the scooter were the fold away mirrors and the park brake. Now I use the fold away mirrors all the time when parking and the brake is great when waiting at long traffic lights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Others can chime in here but they most likely would consider the belt a wear item but it should cover any mechanical parts and labor to replace.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Hi AROTH,
I enjoy my 2013 Burg too. You are right about the windshield, at least for me at 6'1" I need a little more height. I would like to upgrade if anyone has suggestions for a good windshield I am all ears. Two features that I thought were silly when I first got the scooter were the fold away mirrors and the park brake. Now I use the fold away mirrors all the time when parking and the brake is great when waiting at long traffic lights.
Currently there is only two aftermarket WSs available for the 13-14 650. GIVI and Madstad.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Yep, did get the extended warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts