Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just changed the H7 lamp with a new (and cheap) xenon kit found on the net.
I have used one half of a xenon H7 kit with a 2 of 55W-5000K lamp and ballast .
The result is quite good and the procedure is not difficult, it is one hour's job and that's all.
Next step is to buy the same kit to change the H4 lamp and then I will try to sell the two half left (H7+H4)
Once I have changed the lamp, I have realized how yellow are the current lamps... it is really incredible...even if the photos are not so representative...
ciao
:eek:ccasion5:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Does your kit include a projection assembly? Or appropriate reflectors for the new bulb. H7 bulbs have a very specific filament geometry and everything else in the headlight assembly are designed around that. The Xenon will certainly make things bright but the improperly focused beam will flood oncoming cars, possibly blinding the drivers. In some jurisdictions, it'll get a ticket. More light is good. More light in the wrong place ... not so much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello Chatman128 and thanks for your reply.
It does not have anything else other than lamp and ballast. However, I have checked it in traffic and highway and the beam is quite good even without any new setting of the headlight. The H7 top edge is almost in line with the other H4.
However, as I have done on my Silver Wing in the past, I am going to cover about 3cm of the top of the headlight (like a small eyelid) because standing in front of the scooter at about 2-3meter the light of the bulb could be annoying and I don't like it.
With the old H7, the beam is certainly more defined but with this kit, even if very cheap, it seems to be enough satisfactory.
This is the picture of the new beam on a wall about 3 meter far and with the other bulb H4 totally covered.
The other picture shows the beam with both H7 and H4. Result seems good.
As said before, this is a very cheap kit, less then 28$ for 2 bulbs, I suppose that more expensive kit can be better and more effective.
ciao
fausto

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,717 Posts
Fausto in USA we get H4 on both sides.

Scotty, most Ebay kits will fit but the bulbs may not be aligned correctly and will shine in the wrong pattern. The more expensive kits have projector lenses and you must cut the back out of the housing and glue/bond the projector housing in place.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts