Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've inherited a Burgman, and I cannot wait!

If it proves to be more fun than the R3, then I guess it will be for sale.

I love these communities and hope to pick up a wealth of knowledge from everyone.

·
Premium Member
12,591 Posts
Welcome! While you have that seat open you might as well do the emergency seat release mod.
I see you are doing some windscreen stuff and have a reflector or two removed. be aware that some states require them and will give you a ticket for faulty equipment if they are removed or damaged, (but probably just a verbal).
Let us know what year, mileage, and your location and we will be able to lie to you .. uh I mean , help you with any maintenance or riding tips or stuff, better than just knowing it's a 650, since there are huge differences between some years.
If one of us is close maybe we can come over, drink your beer, ogle your tools, and make rude comments while supervising you doing maintenance you might want some advice/ assistance with.
((you will need that nasty dirt colored beer for DaveJ and serve it at just above bladder temperature )

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Welcome Lowpao,

Here’s the Mother’s Load of Wisdom for the B650:

The guy who built that site hangs out here.

Reactions: dogboy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! While you have that seat open you might as well do the emergency seat release mod.
I see you are doing some windscreen stuff and have a reflector or two removed. be aware that some states require them and will give you a ticket for faulty equipment if they are removed or damaged, (but probably just a verbal).
Let us know what year, mileage, and your location and we will be able to lie to you .. uh I mean , help you with any maintenance or riding tips or stuff, better than just knowing it's a 650, since there are huge differences between some years.
If one of us is close maybe we can come over, drink your beer, ogle your tools, and make rude comments while supervising you doing maintenance you might want some advice/ assistance with.
((you will need that nasty dirt colored beer for DaveJ and serve it at just above bladder temperature )
I'm located in Vancouver British Columbia.

It's a 2008, and I'm not sure what the count is on the clock.

The windscreen and parts were removed to get it to the shop to avoid any damage to the platic while in the enclosed trailer.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,020 Posts
Welcome Lowpao
It appears you have done well to inherit the bike. I would suspect you will enjoy the Burgman immensely. I have only flown through your area a few times but it looks like a great place to ride. You will find the 650 more than capable of being a good commuter or touring bike. Please feel free to give us your thoughts as you get some miles on it.

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
Welcome to another WetButt rider. I am about 260 km south of you. If we were not in lockdown/lockout we could meet up for a ride up into the Okanagan forest.
This map below would be a hard to do 1 day ride for any unseasoned rider so a stop in Osoyoos over night would make it a nice two day ride.
I could come up the night before and the next day meet in like Surrey for breakfast. Then ride to Osoyoos. The next morning ride to Bellingham for Dinner and split to go home.

Richmond BC.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,020 Posts
@Dave_J
If it wasn't so far out there, that would be an awesome ride to do in a weekend. With the current situation, it has been so long since I have went out for breakfast that I just about don't remember it. I've been through there a few times but not once on a bike. It would surely be a great ride for the Burgmans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Lowpao
It appears you have done well to inherit the bike. I would suspect you will enjoy the Burgman immensely. I have only flown through your area a few times but it looks like a great place to ride. You will find the 650 more than capable of being a good commuter or touring bike. Please feel free to give us your thoughts as you get some miles on it.
I'm excited to get my tags on it, but I am already having trouble moving the scoot as I am 5'7" with a 28". I have avoided newer 600cc bike as I can hardly touch ground in an upright position.

I'll see if this something I can get used to. It's no higher than my R3, but much wider as far as seat position.

Hopefully I can get this on the pavement by the weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Lowpao
Welcome to another WetButt rider. I am about 260 km south of you. If we were not in lockdown/lockout we could meet up for a ride up into the Okanagan forest.
This map below would be a hard to do 1 day ride for any unseasoned rider so a stop in Osoyoos over night would make it a nice two day ride.
I could come up the night before and the next day meet in like Surrey for breakfast. Then ride to Osoyoos. The next morning ride to Bellingham for Dinner and split to go home.

View attachment 90336
So I live in the lower mainland and I truly believe that they made roads here as straight as possible.

I used to love crossing the boarder for the reason to buy a thing or 2 in Bellingham on the R3. It's only 40 minutes, but 1 hour on some interesting roadways.

Until we open those lines, I'm stuck riding 1-2 hours out to find open space during daylight. This is why night riding was a preference.

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Looks awesome, but I can't access any of the information.

Do I need to contact him?
No, what are you using for a computer and what browser ?

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
I was trying to access through my Android phone, all connected to Google.

I'll try from my desktop.
See if you can disable the pop-up blocker on your browser ?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,020 Posts
I'm excited to get my tags on it, but I am already having trouble moving the scoot as I am 5'7" with a 28". I have avoided newer 600cc bike as I can hardly touch ground in an upright position.

I'll see if this something I can get used to. It's no higher than my R3, but much wider as far as seat position.

Take some time and get used to it. By any description you can find, they are a heavy bike at 275 ish plus a little more kg. As I am sure you have read before, the weight is low and as long as the bike is on the wheels, it isn't too bad to move it around. The wide seat is not as comfortable as some I have had on various other bikes but it's a decent compromise to me. My thoughts here, the Burgman is not for everybody. It excels at nothing and is merely okay at everything on the road and really great at a few other things. I tour and commute and go shopping and just about everything on mine. You'll catch flak most likely from your buddies about riding a scooter but don't let it bother you. They are for the most part bullet-proof and don't require much love. Just get on it and ride and enjoy.After many years of having bikes needing to be polished daily or more it seemed, it's now nice to just give it a good rinse and clean the windshield once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
12,591 Posts

Um, that 28" ...swmbo wants to meet you,,, be careful leanin into the curves cause you might drag a little.

Reactions: Lowpao

·
Registered
115 Posts

I understand what you mean. I am 5'3 and I have a 2015 650. At first I was just tippy toe, now I have the ball of my feet on the ground when stopped. I've had mine for 3 years almost. It took time but I can actually move it around now on my own, unless on a hill. I also have certain boots I wear on my bike that helps me touch the ground. If I have sneakers on I can't. Good luck with it and enjoy it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Late to the party, but welcome. Did a pub crawl in Vancouver with SHMBO as the last night of an Alaska cruise some years back. We both fell in love with the place and the people. Hope your experience here is half as good!

Reactions: Lowpao

·
Registered
37 Posts

Welcome, the garage manuevering is about the worst thing you"ll likely encounter. It is about as good a handling bike as it could be for it's size. The centerstand as you likely know is kinda wonky but doable with proper technique. The good qualities outweigh those nits. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts