Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, I am going to be off Burgman USA for 2 or 3 weeks so I can have my cataracts removed. We are doing my right eye on Tuesday and the left eye a week from Tuesday. I am getting Torc lens implants in both eyes too. I am not too sure how long my recovery period will be but hopefully I will be back to pestering all of you in about 3 weeks with (hopefuly 20/20 vision). Keep me in your thoughts....

Hey, anyone have this here? How long before you could ride again?

Doug in Kentucky

·
Premium Member
8,349 Posts
put the bike in the living room in front of the tv , the wife should get used to the noise and the fumes in a couple of days and be able to put your meals on the handlebars by the third day, so you won't miss much time at all , pillion riding is a bad idea right now unless the carpet is real real real cheap

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mikeymarine, you are always an interesting read. Thanks, I think.

Semper Fi
S/SGT Doug Skinner 1970-1978
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Well everyone, I am going to be off Burgman USA for 2 or 3 weeks so I can have my cataracts removed. We are doing my right eye on Tuesday and the left eye a week from Tuesday. I am getting Torc lens implants in both eyes too. I am not too sure how long my recovery period will be but hopefully I will be back to pestering all of you in about 3 weeks with (hopefuly 20/20 vision). Keep me in your thoughts....

Hey, anyone have this here? How long before you could ride again?

Doug in Kentucky
As an eye doc for 39 years now and still counting......... The procedure form start to finish to take no more than about 20 minutes/ eye. You will be home for lunch by 12 noon. Full healing may take as long as a month - but you will be able to resume normal activities (including riding!) after about a week.

You will be placed on anti-inflammatory and antibiotic eye drops for 7-10 days.... with a couple of return follow-up visits to the surgeon.

If you have any more specific questions - direct them to your eye doctor.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I will be leaving for the surgery in about 30 minutes. I am a little nervous. Guess the reason for being nervous is that I am a retired Emergency Nurse (R.N.). We always got to see the people who had problems with their surgeries, so my imagination runs wild. I do not expect problems though.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
515 Posts
My 84 year old mother in law got one eye done and then could not wait to get the other done. She can see so much better now, she is still driving !!
YIKE !!

Hope your procedure comes out well.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts