Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday (Sunday) I decided to take a ride up to Kennedy Meadows for a little riding in a part of the Sequoia National Forest. Pretty windy up at the LA foothills and up the 14 to the 395 but a great day none the less and not a soul up in the mountains. I wished the gate going over Sherman Pass was open but I'll have to go back later in the year I guess to do the loop. All in all 480 miles left me a little saddle sore with a stock seat. Here's a few photos.

http://www.gotgroceries.net/modules.php?name=gallery2&g2_e=gallery2&g2_itemId=3408

Reactions: John Holbrook

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
nice ride buddy, I like those lonely roads where you can find yourself. You maybe want to take a look at the airhawks air cushions for the seat. worth the investment.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You maybe want to take a look at the airhawks air cushions for the seat. worth the investment.
I think I'm leaning towards the expensive option, Corbin. :)

Reactions: Mochi

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
oh yeah, I've heard it's super comfy for some, make sure you go test some before buying, some users actually don't like them, I've seen some of those being sold here at the forum.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Certainly we are not all the same. My problem with the stock seat is that it only supports me along a 2-3" wide strip along my tailbone area near the backrest and at 260# that's a lot in one place. I'm also not too fond of the width (some of that just goes with the width of the bike) in the front which has the affect of spreading my legs in the seated position. On of the guys around here has a Corbin (though its a tall model) and I sat in it for a while and even had a short ride. I'm pretty sure I'll like it since it will support more of my bum than the stock seat and who doesn't like the Corbin's great looks. :D The biggest problem is choosing what materials/colors to make the seat, gray snakeskin leather insert, blue stingray leather insert, carbon fiber look side panels?

Reactions: Mochi

·
Registered
256 Posts
....who doesn't like the Corbin's great looks. :D The biggest problem is choosing what materials/colors to make the seat, gray snakeskin leather insert, blue stingray leather insert, carbon fiber look side panels?
You are so right, MJR. I think the Corbin really looks awesome on the 650. Hope you get one. Be sure to post some pics:) Aloha.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a year or two ago find a used one that's on my '03. I love the look and it's better than the stock seat. I would like to slightly rework it at some point.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The meadows seem ...

... in short supply. Picture # 3? Nice colour. The air looks clean and pure.

As a lapsed tree-hugger, I am interested in your mention of Sequoia National Park. Do they still have a few huge specimens in a tree museum out that way?

I have to agree with you re my butt getting tired of the stock seat. The positioning is fine but the cushion starts to feel as soft as a saddle on a wooden horse. I won't be doing any planned long rides before considering at least the air hawk (you know, as opposed to regularly pigging-out in order to add to my natural in-house cushioning). :laugh

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... in short supply. Picture # 3? Nice colour. The air looks clean and pure.

As a lapsed tree-hugger, I am interested in your mention of Sequoia National Park. Do they still have a few huge specimens in a tree museum out that way?

I have to agree with you re my butt getting tired of the stock seat. The positioning is fine but the cushion starts to feel as soft as a saddle on a wooden horse. I won't be doing any planned long rides before considering at least the air hawk (you know, as opposed to regularly pigging-out in order to add to my natural in-house cushioning). :laugh
Space Blue my first B650 bought new 11/03. Been a while since I was last in Sequoia but yes they are around.
https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/sequoiagroves.htm

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Thanks MJR ...

... for the link. This I will put these groves on my bucket list. The info does make me more interested and curious; will do some more research on these trees.

Sounds like some people had the great good sense to save these groves from the rapacious logging of earlier times.

Pretty difficult - I would think - to hug a tree that's 30 feet in diameter! :grin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts