Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cup Runneth Over!

I'd gone 10 months without seeing another Burgman -- of any size -- on the road. I've known they were out there, because my dealer keeps telling me he's sold them and there are BUSA members claiming to be in my area, but I thought maybe it was all a big conspiracy to keep me fooled into thinking I wasn't the sole buyer of an AN650.

But then, last week, everything changed.

I met captainfish up in Skagit County on Friday, and I saw his Blue AN650K5.

Then, I saw a silver AN650K3. Mine! We traded bikes and I followed him out of the lot, onto the freeway, then off onto SR-20. It was only for 8 miles, and I lead for the last 3 so he could see what his looked like too, but it was an interesting perspective.

Then on Saturday I was about 5 miles off the Mukilteo - Clinton ferry when a group of bikes passed me heading toward the ferry. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a familiar looking silver flash. So I hauled it around and chased them down.

I caught up to them just as they were getting to the ticket booth at the dock, but I managed a brief hello to a woman on a 650. I asked her if she was a member of BUSA, and she said she wasn't, so I told her to check us out at burgmanusa.com. Then, like two ships passing in the night, she was gone.

One thing that occurred to me; last year I was going to make up a calling card, but I kind of forgot about it. Now I'm going to put it back on my to-do list.

I'm going to get some of that computer business card stock and print up a small batch. On one side will be a picture of me and my Burgman, and some personal/bio data. On the other side will be a short pitch for Burgman USA and the Web address.

Anytime I come across another Burgman, manned or not, I can give them a card or leave one attached to the bike if the rider's not around.

We might make some new friends that way.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
I keep about 50 or so business cards I had printed up with my name, email address, and the BurgmanUSA URL in my right glovebox for those occasions when someone expresses and interest in the Burgman. VistaPrint did 250 of them for $5.25 shipping and they look much better than the preview image.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
billmeek said:
...VistaPrint did 250 of them for $5.25 shipping and they look much better than the preview image.
That's a great price!

I think they're now charging $20 or so for 250 matte stock cards, and more than that for glossies.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Look again for the ones marked "Free Business Cards". The free ones have a small ad on back of the cards for their company. The $19.99 ones do not have it.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Paul,

Did you get the ones with the flag on the right hand side too? Thought it appropriate for BurgmanUSA.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
You guys should be hitting up the Zuke for commissions!

Almost all who come here end up buying a burg sooner or later. :wink:

See what Bryan started?
The burgs will become King and this forum will be responsible! :lol:

Good idea though.
Think I'll print up some of my own.
(Soon as I get a picture of me and my burg to put on them.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The cards are a great idea

Like everyone else on this board, I too get a lot of looks. (My ego says its me but I gotta be honest...it's the bike.) The business cards are a great id, promotes the site and extends the burgman family.
Paul, I'm waiting on my XXL as well. It'll make a great ride even better.

G

·
0 Posts
I wonder....

I wonder (barring an objection from Greengoose) if we got enough interested folks, if they would make one with the BurgmanUSA logo?

Paul

·
Registered
201 Posts
I for one would like a set of custom BUSA/ICOBO biz cards. 'Cause I KNOW that I'll get stopped for questioning. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I took the idea from a member here and print my own using avery business card stock (10/page, flip page over and AN400 specs are printed on back). Also made it available if anyone wants to do the same and download it. Don't forget to edit the number of members tho! We're over 1800 (almost 1900) now! :D Also copy/paste 650 specs if that's what you got! ;)
CLICK and scroll down!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
You are very welcome! :)
I didn't spend a whole bunch of time on it. But I like it and have handed out 20+ of them so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts