Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been riding it to work for about a week now - if I turn left out of my driveway it is a 13 mile ride to work. If I turn right out of my driveway it is a 20 mile ride to work. For some reason I am unable to get the bike to make that left turn out of my driveway - no matter how hard I try, it seems to want to turn right for the 20 mile ride. Can anybody tell me if this can be fixed? :D :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
It cannot be fixed. Forget about it and go about your business. There are some things in the Universe that should not be questioned.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Quit your job and start your own scooter club where you can charge for membership. Open your own scooter shop and have someone else run it.
Sell Hondas and keep the 40% markup profits.

So many ideas.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Mine has been known to go 180 degrees the wrong way at times. It seems to prefer the twisty, up and down 2 lane country road that follows around the lake, rather than the 4 lane straight shot to work. I figure my dog isn't very obedient either and I've given up on trying to make her obey - so I'm not going to waste my time fighting the scooter... :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it's a common problem with these things - hopefully it can be controlled to some extent: I don't think my boss (either the one at work OR the one at home - she's the one sitting on the scoot in my avatar!) would appreciate me driving to work from San Jose to Santa Clara through Albuquerque!

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
My route to work is about a 3 minute drive.
I can walk it in 18.

I'm figuring to go the polar route to work, time permitting.
(If I ever get the **** thing, that is) :( :twisted:

·
Registered
209 Posts
My Burgman's problem is that it won't turn. When I'm coming home fromwork, I need to make a right turn into my development. If I go straight it takes me a few miles out of the way, down a shaded, twisty road along one creek, until it joins into another creek. Then back around towards the other end of the development. For some reason, it just won't turn right into the development

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Looks like our 650's are doggone impetuous and ADD also.

The thing won't listen to a word I tell it. I say "go right" - it goes left. I say "go left" - it goes right. I say "stop here" - it just goes further. aaaarrrrrg!!! It has no manners either. It insists on running away from every cruiser whenever she finds herself beside one at a stop light.

It's frustrating I tell ya. Simply frustrating! I am thinking about taking her to my local scooter-therapist, or maybe getting her an RX....

Who knows I may get my Harley buddies to help me with an intervention. I am close to stopping by St. Mary's and seeing if the good ol padre has done an exorcism lately. 8)

:D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I wish you guys would remember this is a open forum, come on, be fair.
no bike is perfect, so it has a few little quarks. :(
Just learn to deal with them :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I intended to do some really serious research on this Burgman problem and figure out a resolution. The library is 9.9 miles from home. Well, by the time the Burg and I rolled back into the garage I noticed Trip A on the instrument panel registered 46.8 miles. I've come to the conclusion the odometer and trip meters are at fault. I think a visit to the dealer is needed. BTW saw a beautiful red 400S there a couple of days ago. Neal

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Alan_Hepburn said:
Well, I've been riding it to work for about a week now - if I turn left out of my driveway it is a 13 mile ride to work. If I turn right out of my driveway it is a 20 mile ride to work. For some reason I am unable to get the bike to make that left turn out of my driveway - no matter how hard I try, it seems to want to turn right for the 20 mile ride. Can anybody tell me if this can be fixed? :D :lol:
I believe that's in the aeronautical tradition of that great pilot Wrong-Way Burgman. :roll:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Alan_Hepburn said:
It can be easily fixed once you find a route that is 25 miles after you turn left.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It can be easily fixed once you find a route that is 25 mile

I tried that.......my 400 ain't that dumb. It just added another 30 miles onto the right, and it still won't go the other way. I even tried backing it out of the driveway, so that a right turn would actually take me in the right direction.......that didn't work either. :? :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dad had that turning problem with his '51 Pontiac--It would pull in the direction of the Yellow Dog tavern when he got close to home.
My 400 pulls in to durn near every ice cream stand within a 50 mile radius of my house---and it doesn't even like ice cream, consequently my signature:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Kinda negates the "better mileage than the cage" thing doesn't it?

Who can do the math?

In the cage a 10 mile trip is 10 miles, at 25 MPG.
On the burg, a 10 mile trip works out to 46.7 miles, at 50 MPG.... :twisted:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I set out to buy a quart of oil today and it took me 178 miles and two mountain passes to accomplish it. The good news is the Burgman got 57.57 mpg and that's going from sea level to 5432 ft. The best news is I got to ride another 178 miles!

·
Registered
240 Posts
PhilW said:
I set out to buy a quart of oil today and it took me 178 miles and two mountain passes to accomplish it. The good news is the Burgman got 57.57 mpg and that's going from sea level to 5432 ft. The best news is I got to ride another 178 miles!
Ha! You turned around before you hit Ellensburg.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts