Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy
i'm a new and entusiastic owner of 650 burghy
first i had more motorcycles but now i married and my wife....
but whit surprise i found drive burgman very good
now i'm waitin' a Giannelli Titanium exaust sistem, a new air filter and a new pair pair of front spring from Betella.
the next step is a Powerbike chip, and if i found new brake-disk
as soon as i can i will show photo and impression :D

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi sinner and welcome to the forum. You've mentioned some new items in regards to the Burgman that I have not heard about. Specifically the Powerbike chip, the Giannelli Titanium exhaust and the Betella front springs. Where abouts in this large world are you located and please share any links you may have in regards to the above mentioned.
Thanks
Allan :wave:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if someone would dyno test each of the exhausts (stock, Remus, Leo Vince, Gianelli) and post the results?

I did have my V-Strom dyno tested before and after adding the Remus cannisters, and it showed a 10% gain in both horsepower and torque, which is very good. But I didn't spend the money to do dyno testing with the Burgman 650.

I think the AN650 is a whole different ballgame than the motorcycle though. The reason is that if you change the curves for horsepower and torque on the motorcycle, that is fine. You can easily change your shifting to match the new curves. But the Burgman 650 CVT transmission is preprogrammed to expect peak torque and peak horsepower at given rpms. So if you drastically alter where the peak occurs, you are defeating maximum efficiency of the CVT, which is very important to the scooter's performance.

If I'm right, a good aftermarket exhaust would have to boost max horsepower, and particularly max torque, at exactly the rpm that the CVT expects to find it.

Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
133 Posts
pauljo said:
If I'm right, a good aftermarket exhaust would have to boost max horsepower, and particularly max torque, at exactly the rpm that the CVT expects to find it.

Any thoughts on this?
I completely agree Paul, lest you choose to always ride in manual mode, and that wouldn't be much fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts