Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been my year two bikes wrote off in three months. First the New T. MAX and now my Burg 650. Was hoping to get 100k miles out of her. 14 plate 75k miles going well until the 16th of November when I got T boned by a myopic driver who should have given way as I made my way round a roundabout.
Me and the bike wrote off leg bust in two places fractured ribs and more bruises than you can shake a stick at. But you can't keep a good man down found another one 14 plate with less than 5k miles on it for a good price it's a doppleganger.

Me having a rest with my burg in the middle of the road waiting for an ambulance. The lady has her hand on the car that hit me he had to reverse to get off my ribs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Flash photography Automotive lighting Musician Music Performing arts

My new steed
Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
Sorry to say, I know your pain. As we get older we mend slower and hurt longer. Best wishes.

Reactions: SemBurg

· Premium Member
884 Posts
My condolences, wish you a speedy recovery as well. Good news you found a new bike and still want to get back on two wheels. How did you get the new bike home with your injuries, I hope you had help? Best wishes for a full recovery.
Good news on the doppelganger, something to look forward to as you heal.

· Registered
1,714 Posts
dammit buddy, im sorry to hear, and happy you got a twin bike to get you along. and in black gloss! my favorite. makes it look evil, but less visible. in cars, people seem to be in lala land. in their own bubble world and cant see out of it. its terrible. bounce back fast! lots of calcium!

last accident in 2019, left collar bone, 7 ribs, and collapsed left lung, left leg had bad brusing. dont sneeze/cough or laugh to hard. even deep breaths are impossible. heres a trick, have a pillow near you. if you need to, press it up against your body and hug it hard. will make the jolt of the sneeze/cough easier.

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
The pain management is a hard thing to do for some. I can not use Opiates. I use two 600mg Tylenol and two 220mg Naproxen TOGETHER. Tylenol matabolizes in the liver and Naproxen in the kidneys so they do not fight each other.

And while laying in bed I listened to some Medwyn Goodall music.

· Registered
2,480 Posts
True biker.

"My ride got wiped out, my leg fractured and ribs busted but....I found a replacement!"

At least you have your good spirits. Here is to your first ride next spring.

· Administrator
18,251 Posts
I crashed my 2008 Burgman April 15 2015 and bought another 2003 650 on May 2. I could not even walk without a Personal walker. Drove my car to check it out, had seller ride it up and down the street a few times past me. Overall it looked good and I asked if he could deliver it to my house and he accepted. When I paid him, I gave his son $35 for his gas and time. He lived 17 miles from me so not far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts