Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not so much a "road story" as it is again how the Burgman just does everything well for me. My wife was away for the weekend so without much to do, other than clean the house, I decided to ride backroads from my home in New Smyrna Beach to a small town on the west coast of Florida called Cedar Key and back again. As it turned out I had a friend with a new Harley Ultra Glide limited who wanted to get some miles on his bike so off we went.
For those of you who do not live in the great state Florida, May is lovebug season and they splat against the windshield and the bike body and stick to everything. This trip had nothing exceptional to report, but it is fun to explore Florida by backroads. We did find some curves and some legal speed limits of 65mph on back roads so it was not all slow and not all stop and go.
On the way back needless to say the bugs looked like that had a convention on the front of our bikes but about 30 miles from home we hit a thunderstorm with hard driving rain and it did a wonderful job of cleaning the bike. By days end we had logged 350
miles.
This is the third 650 I have owned and every time I start to be attracted by something else and I do a trip like this I realize how this bike provides comfort, storage, good pickup when I need it, wind and "bug" protection, and even good handling in the rain when I have to do it. It is good around town or on long trips. It works well for me solo and two up with my wife. For everyone I would say whatever works for your lifestyle but when I start thinking about something else the Burgman brings me back to my senses.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i took a ride to miami a week ago, rode rt70 to rt 27 all the way down and going along the everglades the bugs were all over, but on the way home coming back rt 80 to 41 and on home i only hit enough rain to make the windshield smeary and stinky my bike was a mess and it was dark when i got home, cleanup took place the next day but it was worth it, the burgie is awesome.
ride safe
erv

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Nice Ride... Cedar Key is off the beaten patch which is nice... and those Love Bugs are the pits.

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts