1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Thank god you're Ok and the quick response by emergency services seemed to be outstanding. If that happened here in NY you would be waiting for hours. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Glad you are okay even if bruised and shaken. The bike can be repaired/replaced. The driver of that car needs to be glad it was you instead of some older person on a cane or a mom with her kids behind him/her. Parking lots scare the daylights out of me. I see people running 40-50 mph in them, people backing out without looking and all sorts of other stuff.

Someone else mentioned your police and EMS response time. Up here north of you, if you call 911 they ask if there are injuries. If no one needs to go to the hospital, they usually tell you to come to the police station to make out an accident report. Yep, no response at all. Our city has cut the police budget to the bone.

Hope you get back on the road soon.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Glad you are OK! That was lucky that your knee escaped further injury. I hope the old fella learned a lesson.
Take care!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Glad your ok my friend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was sorry to hear of Grand Alf being battered up. I know you take a lot of pride in your bike. I couldn't believe it when I watched your video and I'm glad you were not more seriously hurt.

I'm sure you will keep us posted on the progress of Grand Alph's repairs.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK , now what happens with insurance etc ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Glad you are ok and wish you a speedy recovery of any aches and pains.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Like all the others here, I'm sure glad you aren't hurt badly. I hear the guy say he couldn't see you. Maybe that's because he didn't look.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I'd sure like to know what kind of mirrors you have on top of the stock ones.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have deleted so much footage from my JIC cam but you sure proved their worth with that one.
Get Well Buddy and good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I enjoy your Youtube videos, Glad your OK! Keep us posted. I know it sucks having a new ride banged up, but it can be repaired.

J

·
Registered
661 Posts
Glad you are OK!
Some food for thought: When I first looked at your video, what hit me was that your move to speed up was probably the wrong one, IMO. Moving through parking lots brings my awareness meter screaming to the top. I watch for ANY movement, lights (backups, especially) and MOVING WHEELS! If that car approaching my pathway has moving wheels, I am down to a crawl or stopped. Then, again, I was not there and could not see what you were looking at. Only the cameras eye is available to me. Just food for the memory banks. Ride safe, Jim

·
Registered
154 Posts
Glad you walked away from that Dave.

late,
Coz

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Glad you're ok my friend.

Bearcat

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Just watched the video, GLAD you are OK. "I didn't see him"....he should have said "I wasn't paying any attention". Gawd.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts