Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nice! That a lot a bike you got there.

So what bike do you prefer for which type of riding? You can't just give us a picture of two gorgeous bikes and leave it at that. A little history and info would be nice.

Usually it's the opposite, lots of info and no pictures from new members.

And welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Liamjs.
Well the Goldwing is my primary ride and my wife is a seasoned rider and rides the Burgman 99% of the time,so I guess you could say its hers,LOL! I like the Burgman for short trips and the wing for longer rides and two up riding for obvious reasons.
The Burgman is my wife's second maxi scooter,her first being a 2006 Yamaha Majesty.
She decided she wanted to go back to a regular motorcycle for a while,which she did for a few years. But she said she missed having the scooters ease of riding,handling and storage so we picked up this minty 2012 a couple of months ago. She is quite happy with it and so am I.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
wing & burgman

The Wing & Burgman make a great combination. I have a 2012 GW × 2006 Burgman 650EX. Like you the Burgman was my wife's ride but she has slowed down some.

Good thing we have thr Burgman because a deer hit my wing while riding in Virginia. So it's at Star City Power Sports waiting for parts from Honda. So the Burgman has been a great fill in ride. In fact I took it on the Road Runner Motorcycle Tour out of Snowshoe, WV and had a great time.

Enjoy the ride!:p

·
Registered
169 Posts
Exactly HOW does a person get the training and or experience to ride something as large and heavy as a GoldWing? Or, do you keep moving up the ladder size wise from smaller to midsize to gigantic? I really am not sure I would be capable of handling that much weight. My last motorcycle before the B400 was a Honda NT700. It only weighed 570 pounds, yet I dropped it twice in very slow speed incidents.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
You just get on that wing and go. It is an easy bike to ride but you do have to think, plan those parking lots. Parking lot practice is a good thing because it's not your Burgman when it comes to slow speed turns. It's like everything practice helps and that's why it's classified asa touring motorcycle.

If I had to choose one bike. It would be the Burgman 650.:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts