Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what components do i need to hear music inside of my current helmet - which has no earphones or anything inside? I already have an mp3 player. Also , best place to buy them?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I use a single earphone and am careful when donning my helmet so as not to dislodge it.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I combined music and hearing protection and ended up with the following:

you kind of kill two birds with one stone... enjoy the hearing protection that the foam inserts provide while listening to music.

check out this DIY for detailed info on how to make your own foam inserts: DIY - Noise Cancelling Foam Inserts

I use a small mp3 player to store all of my music on it.

good luck...

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
If you prefer helmet speakers, I have a set from
http://www.sierra-mc.com
that are IMC helmet speakers..for Walkman or other
music devices....
in another helmet, I have a set of Chatterbox helmet speakers,
& in another helmet, I have a set of Thumpers,
purchased off Ebay.
Not much difference in music quality, but remember,
none of these will sound like BOSE Studio earphones,
because we are not in a studio...we're out in the open
on 2 wheels at 50/60 MPH.
Helmet speakers are legal in all States...earphones
are NOT legal in some areas...check your area.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Better check your state regulations first! :wink:
I used ear buds for years and found out it is illegal here. :oops: Even helmet speakers are only for communication Not Music. :?
I ended up putting speakers on the scooter to stay legal and keep the tunes playing. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pa here with some closer out of state trips - hmmm - perhaps best to stay with my current speakers on bike itself

·
Registered
123 Posts
tomfelock said:
what components do i need to hear music inside of my current helmet - which has no earphones or anything inside? I already have an mp3 player. Also , best place to buy them?
The sound of the running engine is music enough for my ears.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have music inside my head...That is why I am on some strong meds..... And also I hear voices too. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a Shoei Multitec helmet and J&M helmet speakers. I bought a J&M Intagratr amplifier system to run my MP3 or iPod; cell phone, etc. Unfortunately, J&M would not install their speakers into my own helmet (apparently, they want you to by a helmet from them for more money). So I sent my helmet and speakers to Sierrra-mc and they did a beautiful installation for me.

Now I don't have to sing to myself or listen to my lawnmower type single cylinder engine if I don't want to.

Oh, my helmet speakers are probably unlawful in California but the poor CHP and local police have much more important things to deal with than some old man on a scooter using helmet speakers and ear plugs.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
That must be reassuring,to have a police force with a sense of perspective and proportionality.
How are house prices, jobs, taxes out there? :wink:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
TeeMon said:
I have a Shoei Multitec helmet and J&M helmet speakers.
I too have J&M helmet speakers and an integratr IV for combining audio sources. I have the elite set mic and speaks and they are certainly awesome sounding in town or on the interstate. I did the install myself but took a good while to shape the foam and place support in for the speakers to get them pointed correctly. Wearing earplugs with these makes for a much clearer sound when you turn up the volume since the wind noise frequencies are reduced. Overall, if you've got the cash and time, It's a solid system.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Scootereno said:
Better check your state regulations first! :wink:
I used ear buds for years and found out it is illegal here. :oops: Even helmet speakers are only for communication Not Music. :?
I ended up putting speakers on the scooter to stay legal and keep the tunes playing. 8)
Does this mean that if you are deaf you cannot ride?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Good question though doesn't seem to hold much sway since that hasn't stopped Mitch from riding all over the place or getting his endorsement. If there is any regs against it it must be different state to state but i haven't done any looking into federal regs on this subject yet. I'm sure Mitch would know alot more on this than me for sure.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
You can ride here if you are hearing impaired or deaf.
But you cannot ride legally if you are blind.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Scootereno said:
You cannot ride legally if you are blind.
I thought it was the same over here but judging the way some people drive I think this particular law must have been revoked. :roll:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
"I thought it was the same over here but judging the way some people drive I think this particular law must have been revoked. "

NOPE!!!!!!!! The law is just totally ignored...! But - still in effect! althought not often enforced................ :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I run with three 2" speakers inside my helmet. Two recessed in the foam at ear level for the nav and/or MP3 audio from my Garmin Zumo 550 and one feeding the mono audio from my Valentine V-1 radar detector. I run all these via a 5-conductor PC cable with inline connector pigtail near helmet.

On the longer trips I also use 3M 1100 ear foamies. They knock down the wind noise and still allow me to hear surrounding noises and hear above audio.

Whit

·
Registered
748 Posts
I wonder how many hard cases of "Listening to music via ear buds" charges there are in the United States? Riding 66mph in a 65mph zone is illegal too! :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,771 Posts
Why would you need ear plugs? With my Burgman, I can barely hear the motor with my full helmet on. JC

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
It isn't the motor that's the issue but the wind noise from what that motor does best :D. Short of finding ideal airflow management it's just too noisy rushing past my helmet so the earplugs let me hear my speakers clearly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts