Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What if I place on of these between the dash and the windshield wrapped in a microfiber towel? My iphone can stream Pandora to the Bose via Bluetooth.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
As long as you keep it out of the rain, I have not had much luck with Speakers, Most of mine dried or got wet and failed!!!

Elliott,

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've seen stranger.

I guy in my scooter group lashes on this HUGE rechargeable speaker on to his back rack and streams music to it via Bluetooth. Works great, but he looks like a 250cc boom-box.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Whats a matta wit helmet speakers ??????
Puts yer music right inta yer ears,
instead of all over da neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm with Duster except I use earbuds. They block a lot of ambient sound so I can run the music quieter and still hear what I need to in the way of road alerts. I can even hear the GPS. Plus running them quieter takes much less power and extends battery life considerably!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I almost bought the itube thiny, but I backed off due to the bad reviews on it. There are some sound systems for boats in amazon, those will bring waterproof and sound quality under any weather.

I've been looking at this for a few months, its a Bluetooth, shock and waterproof speaker from Phillips(79.99):

Amazon.com: Philips ShoqBox SB7200 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black): MP3 Players & Accessories

The idea is to put this between the screen and the dash, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I use my sena headset to listen any media.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have been riding with my Scala Rider FM model for 5 years now, speakers in the helmet and radio clipped on the side. Plug in your MP3 or iPhone into he side jack to.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
As long as you keep it out of the rain, I have not had much luck with Speakers, Most of mine dried or got wet and failed!!!

Elliott,
Waterproof Marine speakers are the way to go and are fairly cheap too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Warm out, i use LG Bluetooth headset, I like the controls and no wires. Cold out those controls start getting used by the extra clothes and get very annoying when it changes songs or volume every time I move my head. So, back to Skull Candy when it's cold.
Bluetooth helmet speakers might be a good thing, but I'm set for now.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've got to agree. The few bike stereos I've seen have always been a bit obnoxious and they never sound good at speed; you can't even hear them over 60 mph. Better to go with an in-helmet solution.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
One of my main reasons for helmet speakers is,
from time to time, I wear an in-the-ear earphone
like some police officers, connected to a 2-way radio.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bluetooth earbuds from Plantronics are nice. They work well. I put on some Bose earbuds and they fit better. The volume is touch low for highspeed riding with an open helmet.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

on sale: $50.00!

I have this head set:

Buy the Bose earbud tips if you decide to purchase this headset. The Bose earbud tips fit perfectly and are far superior to the stock earbud tips. The bose earbud tips sell for $5.00 on Amazon.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts