Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2008 AN400 for (gasp) 8 years now. :oops:
While trying to find an electrical problem recently (which was a loose multi-connector under the dash) I had the airbox out, to get to the starter.

There is a bundle of multi connectors under the airbox, in front of the rear wheel. Full of grit and grime. I cleaned by spraying with WD-40 and wiping. Then wrapped several times with plastic wrap and secured with zip ties.

Don't know if it will cure anything, but "it makes me feel better".

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
91 Posts
WD40 is essentially fish oil and after the spray carrier solvent evaporates there is a coating of lubricant remaining. Good idea cleaning off the connectors. I hope you disconnected each one and used some dielectric grease on the pins inside. Wrapping them in plastic not such a good idea though. The plastic bubble you have created will hold condensation and keep your plugs somewhat wet inside. I have used CRC Contact Cleaner for years on both bike and industrial electrics and JigALoo for spray lubing. I also like graphite or teflon lubes for things that slide. Beeswax for wooden things like old kitchen or bench drawers and windows. Happy Motoring.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The best kit you can get is called ACF50 if it's good enough for aircraft at sea it's good enough for your bike and lasts a long time. Not cheap but worth it. I do my bike every year come winter. It even helps keep corrosion down on Suzuki's so almost a miracle 😁

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Deoxit or progold by caig

No plastic at all. After id use modified toothpicks with a little cotton swabs and permarex dielectic grease. When dealing with the starter there is a concave area it sits in which holds a lot of gravel and dirt clean away from starter hole opening. Use some grease around rhe starter head oring before installing. Dont force it in rhe head gears are delicate. You should feel it line up, if not just turn the hear head slightly and try again. I use the handle of a small screwdriver to gently tap it in.

Yea that harness is a pita. Fortunately they are all different sized and you can't mix them as they only fit to corresponding connector

·
Administrator
18,401 Posts
Spray WD-40 on a mirror and let it dry. You will find a light film but not much.
Spray CRC LPS on a mirror and let it dry. You will find a lot heaver film.
Spray AFC50 on a mirror and let it dry. You will play heII getting that film off the mirror.

Reactions: maccecht
1 - 6 of 6 Posts