Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealer the other day and saw a new Burgman 400 in the showroom. It had a chrome muffler heat shield and chrome muffler tip on it. I am curious if these pieces are interchangeable with the 650. Has anyone ever researched or checked this?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Art,

Sorry, they are not interchangable. The chrome for the exhaust is standard on the Burgman 650 Executive (not available in the states yet). :(

The chrome is available as a bolt on item on the Accessories page of the Suzuki Japan website along with several other goodies. It's not available in the USA either. :(

Rough translation by bablefish :

Muffler cover plating 14780-10812 XXYEN 10,290 (consumption including tax) + standard installation expense (time 0.2H) < Substance price XXYEN 9,800 (consumer tax it pulls out) >

10,290 yen is about $99.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Seatec - could you post pictures of the adapter you used/made? I would love to put the chrome cover on my 650 as well.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Addaptor is just a piece of aluminum plate, 2in wide 16in long, about 1/8 in thick. The holes in 650 are 14 in apart, the 400 cover has holes 11 in apart. Just bolt on plate and drill new holes for 400 cover. If you get cover, get chrome screws with it but not the rubber washers, you can use ones from 650. You will need couple metric bolts and nuts which you can get at Cdn Tire. If you need a picture send me your email and i can send them to you, dont know how to post to Gallery and my son is busy at work. Wayne

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks Wayne - I think I can make it from your description.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to thank all that replied to my recent post, especially to "Seatec" for his logical solution to this question.

As I said before, this is the place to go when you need answers to Burgman and other bike questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts