Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a dealership to see if they had a B400 (still looking). They did not have one but mentioned they had a an '02 Silver Wing. They said it had a Riche (ree-chee--or something like that) muffler/exhaust which really added to the bike. They were asking $5100 for it as it was low miles (under 500). Don't know about the price and am not particularly interested in buying a SW but was curious about this exhaust/muffler and if other members have installed new after market exhaust/mufflers to their machines. Also found a dealer asking 5995 for a low mileage, "mint condition" '05 SW. Secondary question would be if the SW prices are in the ballpark? Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rider1 said:
I was talking to a dealership to see if they had a B400 (still looking).

Rider 1,

Check cycletrader.com or walnecks.com for available Burgmans.
Don't know where you are at but there is a dealer in Maumee, Ohio
that has Burgmans for sale.

J.T. Suzuki in Battle Creek has both the 400 and 650 for sale.
They seem like nice folks. Dealer in Lansing doesn't seem to
have any interest in selling scoots.

Good luck,

Jim W.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pauljo said:
I've been running a Remus exhaust on my Burgman 650 for about 15,000 miles now. I like it, and I've had no problems related to it.

Was the goal to have better sound or more power? I can understand either. :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Better sound and appearance were the primary goals. Any power gain is fairly small. It did feel a bit more responsive when I test rode with the new exhaust the first time. But I've ridden with it for so long now that it just feels normal.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I removed my Leo Vince exhaust and re-installed the stock exhaust. The Leo Vince did seem to make a "small" difference in the power output.

·
Registered
208 Posts
roy_ryall said:
I removed my Leo Vince exhaust and re-installed the stock exhaust.
Just curious, why did you put the stock exhaust back on? I am thinking of replacing the stock exhaust with something that sounds and looks better.

·
Registered
532 Posts
roy_ryall said:
I removed my Leo Vince exhaust and re-installed the stock exhaust. The Leo Vince did seem to make a "small" difference in the power output.
Did you modify the computer mapping? I am assuming (I realize this is dangerous <g>) that the Leo Vince muffler is freer flowing than the stock part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts