Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to address the wind noise from the stock wind screen on my 200. I am trying to decide between the MRA touring and the sport version. Had anyone got one of these on their 200? Any comments about bolting vs. clamping?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
There are two models of the basic MRA X-Creen, the Tour version that measures 15" x 6" and the Sport version that measures 10" x 4".

I have the Sport version which ironically comes with both the Clamp-on and Bolt-on attachments while the larger version you have to order either bolt or clamp. So the Sport version gives you more flexibility in mounting options. I bought mine thru Twisted Throttle.

Now while mine is on a 650, and the large Givi screen at that, I'll offer you a few thought on my experience with the X-Creen. First off, it has LOTS of adjustments. There is a pivot on both ends of the attachment arms. The pivot closest to the windshield allows you to set the overall height of the screen while the pivot on the screen end allows you to adjust the angle of the screen in relation to the windshield and the airflow. I found that with all these options you can find a position that does reduce the wind noise in my helmet. For me that was a little bit higher, and at an angle slightly more than the windscreen (ie, more vertical).

How much quieter you're probably asking? Well I'd have to say maybe 25% quieter and also less buffeting. What you can do is try one position then as you ride along use your left hand to "feel" where the airflow is in relation to your helmet. Keep changing adjustments and keep testing to see where the airflow is. You'll definately find a better position at some point.

As to mounting. The clamp mount is nice and secure, and doesn't harm the existing screen. The nice thing about having both mounts is that I have used the clamp on for all my trials, and at some point will likely drill the screen and switch to the bolt-on mount once I'm satisfied with the location.
Here's what it looks like (Sport version) clamped to my windshield.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-product/ergonomics-rider-comfort/windshields/windshield-extensions

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Steve. Based on your comment, the dimensions and my needs I am leaning towards the sport version. The 200 screen is only 13 inches across. I am not sure how it will go if the touring version hangs over the edge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the MRA sport

I ordered the MRA sport from avisciouscycle which was cheaper than Twisted Throttle (shipping cost was the difference). Put the order in on a Friday afternoon, product arrived Tuesday afternoon following. The product came with the arm already attached to the visor which was surprising. The video from Twisted Throttle on YouTube shows that this is not usually the case. Made me wonder if I got a returned unit. Then I found that the adjuster that was pre-installed is nearly impossible to move. It is the one pictured below.

IMG_1439.jpg

The pivot that I installed at the mounting end of the arm is fine and is easily movable from the adjustable to the locked position. Pictured below.

IMG_1440.jpg

The attachment to the screen was easy.

IMG_1435.jpg

I am trying different positions and I do notice a difference in buffeting from the wind but I have to say not a great difference in noise. I use an Icon Alliance helmet and I think that is a major source of noise for me. I am thinking of saving up to purchase a Schuberth C3.

IMG_1444.jpg

Given the final cost 'all in' was close to $200 I don't think this was great value for the money. The product is well made. The stiff adjuster is worrisome. Expected a bit more from MRA given the reviews I have read. Final verdict for those considering a similar purchase. Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ya, you get burned by any shipping into Canada which is why I keep a drop-shipping box in Niagara Falls NY. Picked it up, put it on and ended up at least $50 bucks CDN cheaper than shipping it in. Our low beaver-buck doesn't help either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just today installed the Xcreen 15" to the stock 650 Exec. windscreen. Awesome, no more back pressure, very clear, and steady at 70 MPH. It also eliminated most helmet noise. Purchased from Twisted Throttle. I choose to permanently mount to the windshield. It comes with a very well thought out stick on drilling guide. I also choose the 2 adjustment option. Goes outwards and angles/deflects.

Highly recommend.

Reactions: Anon
1 - 7 of 7 Posts