Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving from Indiana to Austin, TX in the next few months getting transferred for my job. My questions are is there anything unique that I should be aware of moving to Texas and the Austin area in particular. I have a 2011 400 and would love to be able to commute but don't know how the streets/interstates are. Don't want to get run over but would love to ride every chance I get.

I don't do any of my own work, very mechanically challenged so would be looking for a good dealer/mechanic to do everything but change my oil. Any tips from all of you Texans out there?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Austin is crazy....& they intend to keep it that way.
Don't know about the dealers there...I got my service
done at Killeen PowerSports....things I couldn't do myself.
There is a large scooter community in the Austin area.
Great rides out into the Hill Country...
Several folks from the Austin area have been to the annual
scooter rally in Eureka Springs, Ark....met some of them there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Born and raised here in Austin. Don't hold it against me though. Rush hours are the pits, but it all depends on which roads you have to use. Riding west in the hill country is great, south down to the coast, east in the farm lands is fun too.
TJ Cycle up north is is very good they work on any kind of scooter. Woods Fun Center is where I got mine. Some complain about them but I have never ever had anything but good from them. They are a mega motorcycle store. Gave me a great trade in on my bike to get the scooter. South you have Urban Motors they are nothing but scooters. And one other south on Stassney Ln. I can't remember their name but they have a lot of scooters of every sort out front.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both but especially Magneto for the info! Knowing where to take it for service will be critical.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I don't do any of my own work, very mechanically challenged so would be looking for a good dealer/mechanic to do everything but change my oil. Any tips from all of you Texans out there?
Well, one can't beat Mitch in that area :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mitch has got you covered. I have learned everything I know about the Burgman from either this website or him

1 - 6 of 6 Posts