Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Harley clone case that has a curved back rest on it.

At first I wanted to mount my top case and keep the Burgman OEM back rest along with it. I found a really cheap way using hardware store bolts and an expensive way using GIVI mounts to accomplish this. I had "hoped" to be able to mount my top case so that the curved backrest on the case would sit right above the OEM backrest. I thought it might look nice and be comfortable.

However, I know do not think that it is possible. At least without a ridiculous amount of customization. This has lead me to look for alternatives to mount the case with the backrest removed (similar to you +07 owners). But I have yet to find an example of someone doing this. If you have done it, tried it, or have pictures of this, please share ideas.

Basically, instead of the 1st pic, I'm trying to install it like the 2nd pic...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Harley clone case that has a curved back rest on it.

At first I wanted to mount my top case and keep the Burgman OEM back rest along with it. I found a really cheap way using hardware store bolts and an expensive way using GIVI mounts to accomplish this. I had "hoped" to be able to mount my top case so that the curved backrest on the case would sit right above the OEM backrest. I thought it might look nice and be comfortable.

However, I know do not think that it is possible. At least without a ridiculous amount of customization. This has lead me to look for alternatives to mount the case with the backrest removed (similar to you +07 owners). But I have yet to find an example of someone doing this. If you have done it, tried it, or have pictures of this, please share ideas.

Basically, instead of the 1st pic, I'm trying to install it like the 2nd pic...

You could measure up and make this up yourself depending upon your skill set.

You will need measured spacer, and fasteners to suit and could get a 5mm steel plate cut so that the fasteners attach the plate to the bike and then make you own arrangement for attaching the box to the plate, bolt on or as you see suits your needs. Difficulty in this part is if you need to readily demount it, i.e. without to take too much time undoing fasteners.

The Givi one cost more as it comes with all the arrangements to allow both the Top Box (monokey) to be removed and used as a suitcase and to have wiring for high brake lights and an electric remote opener.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could measure up and make this up yourself depending upon your skill set.

I've had this thought also. I think I have to take the backrest off and see what I'm dealing with. From the pics I se so far it looks like part of that backrest is needed as it serves as trim for the trunk release latch also. But I'm not sure.

I just know that if I start DIY'ing it, I could end up spending more than I wish by the time I'm done. I wish I still worked at my old job where I had access to metal scrap and metalworking tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts