Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday night I decided to shuffle some things around in the garage, and I noticed that my 2013 Burgman 650 was really hard to wheel around the garage. Sure enough, there was a nice masonry screw through the rear tire. OK, so 2,000 miles and I need a new rear tire. Yippee. Fortunately, here in Maple Grove, MN I'm a 24 hour tire delivery from Dennis Kirk, so I decided to fire up their web site and see what they had in stock. They were out of everything in the Burgman's size except for the Pirelli, so ordered one. It showed up this afternoon, and I raced down to the basement to put it on my rear rim.

Holy moley - is it me or was that a PITA to mount on a rim? I had to use a bunch of wood clamps to force the bead down into the well of the rim, and a fair amount of lube to get my Harbor Freight mount/dismount bar around the rim. But it mounted and seems to be holding air. And I found that using the handle of a t-handle wrench in the caliper mounting hold would let me (gently) bend the right side of the swing arm out enough to get the spacers back in place.

Everything seemed to mount up properly. I got to do a bit of maintenance a bit sooner than I'd planned, so that wasn't a waste of time. I anticipate I'll need to do a bunch more of these tire changes as time goes on.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I just today had the bike shop put a new Pirelli Diablo on my scooter. the cost was $50.00. plus cost of the new tire. I feel it was worth it, because they took the old one off, mounted and balanced the new one, checked the bearings, break pads and road tested to make sure it is safe. I am happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts