Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought since it was quite common to replace the Burgman windscreen I would take some notes and Pics while I was doing mine.

Pics again are in the allwalk gallery http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/album26

1. As viewed from the riding position remove the left and right screws as viewd in photo windscreen 1

2. Remove front plastic cosmetic cover by gently pulling up on the ends. This piece just clicks into slots in the screen, see pic windscreen 2

3. Remove the 4 screws that secure the windscreen to the windscreen brace, see pic windscreen 3

4. I found it easier to remove the rubber gromet nuts ( see windscreen 4) by wiggling in a circular motion. I found it easier to reinstall the new windscreen this way.

5. reinstall rubber gromets from step 4 into new windscreen , pushing them in from behind.

6. I put screws back in the grommets once reinstalled to assist in pushing then back into the brace.

7. Retighten screws and reinstall the plastic cosmetic cover.
Note! The plastic cover does not fit as nicely with the new windscreen due to the compound curves on the new screen. DOn't get me wrong, it still looks good but there is a slight gap noticeable upon close inspection.

Now go for a test ride and enjoy!

Photo windscreen 5 shows the stock screen sitting on the new one and again in the mounted position for photo 6

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Stormsteed,

I was one of the few people who seemed to be actually satisfied with the stock screen. However my passenger was complaining recently of head buffeting so I was keeping my eye open for a used screen. Well Suzuki Canada stepped up and gave me a great deal on the new screen (and I dont have to pay shipping or exchange rates) so I took it. As soon as I get my passenger back on the bike, you can bet I will relay any negative or positive comments they have.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Allwalk:

I assume you've ridden the bike after the windscreen install. Is it taller? Are you now looking through it, rather than over it?

Also, is there a reduction in helmet windnoise?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi Allwalk,

Was the screen a Clearview? I have a Clearview on order and it's in transit now. Today I received an email from Craig at Clearview showing an installation of the Clearview screen on a burgy. I'd be glad to email it to anyone that wants it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Allwalk, do you know when this new screen will be in the US, I like the way it look on your bike. Look forward to hear how is the wind problem after you ride with it, I am 6 1 and I do not like the stock as I get a lot of wind in my face not to mention the noise level. I did get the lip that helps a bit but do not like how it looks and I still get the whistle noise and that I would love to get rid of.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all :wave:

Let me first start with Ksmall
Was the screen a Clearview?
No Ksmall this screen is actually a new OEM accessory screen that just hit North American shores sometime last week. It's not readily available right yet. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get my Hands on one ( Suzuki Canada Headquarters), please see my other post http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=995 for further info on this screen.

Ted White and Burg650

I am 6'-0" and the wind noise reduction is significant. I've only had it on 1 day and the ride into work was in extremely heavy wind conditions. I saw no difference in wind from the side. The screen did protect me much better and I really noticed the air off my hands and arms. I still wear a hooded sweatshirt under my jacket due to temps and noticed a definete decrease in the hooded part flapping around on my back. I can now hear the hum of the motor as I cruise down the highway at speeds of 110-130.

Due to the compound curvatures of the new screen flexing is well within expectations. As a matter of fact I think it flexes less than the stock screen.
Hope these answers help.

Cheers :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
20 Posts
wind shield

Would like to know who the wind shield manufactory of PN/99999-RMCRI-650 and is it the same one in the picture on page 4? I bought my new 650. Thank You Mert

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: wind shield

mert said:
Would like to know who the wind shield manufactory of PN/99999-RMCRI-650 and is it the same one in the picture on page 4? I bought my new 650. Thank You Mert
Hi Mert!
All I can tell you is what Suzuki Canada told me and that was that the screen was manufactured in Italy. The windscreen in question is located in picture titled windsreen5 or New OEM windscreen all on page 4 of the allwalk photo gallery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I just installed the new OEM screen ($129 Can) and it is definitly pretty easy. One thing though is that I would gladly pruchase the proper front trim piece if they made one. The standard one fits but for sure it was not made to fit the larger screen.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Penquino said:
Well I just installed the new OEM screen ($129 Can) and it is definitly pretty easy. One thing though is that I would gladly pruchase the proper front trim piece if they made one. The standard one fits but for sure it was not made to fit the larger screen.
That was my only beef as well. Due to the new shape of the windscreen the original black cover doesnt cover it as well as it does the original. I dont think there is another cover to fit the newer windscreen, so were going to have to live with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
trim

I was thinking that if you used trim that they use on car doors it might do what you want but I do not know kind of trim you are talking about! Just a thought. Mert :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts