Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently dropped my Burgman 650 on it's side, (I was stationary and no damage), on a lonely road late at night and had to wait an hour before a passing motorist helped me right it.
So I searched for a portable jack to help in those situations.
Here is a video of the MotoWinch in use:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gUZkSPayIU

Looks pretty good.
Don't know if they are still in business or not.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I dropped my Burgy recently in my driveway at a standstill. Talk about embarrassing! Had to call my neighbor to help me. The sucker is heavy! at least for me. I will look into this for an emergency "single handed" Herculean maneuver.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Excellent review on this forum and VERY fast arrival after shipped from Europe. The link to buy it is here. They have also a lot of other products that are pretty interesting. Definitely worth a look.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
OUCH! $230 to $278 US$ before shipping.
--------------------------------------------
The Motobike jack is still a lot at $216 +SH but is made of steel tubing and is made here in USA.

Customer Reviews at

Reactions: dogwater650

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,656 Posts
I learned HOW to pick up a GL1500 Gold Wing when I owned one. Now THAT is a heavy bike at 795 lbs dry (add another 100+ lbs for all fluids, fuel, etc not counting any luggage or riders)... but still able to be lifted from horizontal by even a petite woman if the proper technique is used. Just like getting a bike onto the center stand. Technique is about 80% of getting it done. Don't know that I will need one of these things for at least another 10 years (65 now).

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
im curious how the handlebar can handle all that weight when lifting it. 1 hand on grab rails the other the hb.
after my "hit by grandma who passed a red light" my leg and knee was hurt. i tried to lift the b400 after it had fallen over and no go. that thibg is heavy as hell. normally id have no issue without the pain

but a b650..? id just tuck a pillow under the front and cover it in a blanket so it sleeps well at night and is comfy haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OUCH! $230 to $278 US$ before shipping.
--------------------------------------------
The Motobike jack is still a lot at $216 +SH but is made of steel tubing and is made here in USA.
Nice jack, ..but the Motobike, (as well as the Dustriders Hoist), have hooks and I can't see anywhere on a 650 it would attach to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent review on this forum and VERY fast arrival after shipped from Europe. The link to buy it is here. They have also a lot of other products that are pretty interesting. Definitely worth a look.
Those are good reviews.
The packable size and very light weight means it will easily fit under the seat.
I'm sold.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Nice jack, ..but the Motobike, (as well as the Dustriders Hoist), have hooks and I can't see anywhere on a 650 it would attach to.
You put the strap around the handle bar end and hook the J-hook back over the strap.

Reactions: dogwater650

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Dropped my Honda ST1100 on dirt on a trip through Ontario in 2009. That was a bear to pick up even after removing the side bags and top case. The VStrom 650 was a very easy bike to right after the wind blew it over one day like a sail with a top cover on it.

It's cheaper just to ride with a friend to help you pick it up if needed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
These lifts can be made at home cheap if you can get items welded. A weld shop would charge $25 for a few welds. A Harborfrieght ratchet strap in 1,500 pound rating is $19.99 for 2. $20 in 1 inch by 0.095" wall thickness DOM tubing. A couple brackes for a strap roller $10.

·
Premium Member
12,495 Posts
I learned HOW to pick up a GL1500 Gold Wing when I owned one. Now THAT is a heavy bike at 795 lbs dry (add another 100+ lbs for all fluids, fuel, etc not counting any luggage or riders)... but still able to be lifted from horizontal by even a petite woman if the proper technique is used. Just like getting a bike onto the center stand. Technique is about 80% of getting it done. Don't know that I will need one of these things for at least another 10 years (65 now).
yah, but try gettin a petite woman in the trunk !!! They can get rather scratchy and loud.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very first time I rode my Burgman it was to morning Church and afterwords while trying to mount up on a slight downhill incline it layed over in the parking lot full of people. It was so gentle that it was like placing a baby in a crib.

Anyway I turned around to face the folks and caught the eye of some volunteer lifters, and shortly all was well in bobs cycle world.

I layed over the Aspencade more than a few times while trying to back it up usually my wife was there to help me. When she quite riding because 'I was too distracted' it sat for awhile before I let it go all the while missing the ride experience.

I suppose I'll escalate to some kind of mechanical advantage when I can't lift the Burgman up and that Motowinch has got me to thinking.

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
1,656 Posts
yah, but try gettin a petite woman in the trunk !!! They can get rather scratchy and loud.
Nah! I just put her on the pillion and encouraged her to hang on to me so we can keep the bike tracking right. That's the only time I didn't mind a little bit of bouncing around against my back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts