Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I received my 19 gram rollers today that I purchased off of Ebay. For some reason I thought I purchased Dr. Pulley rollers. Instead I was surprised to receive 19 gram Motoritec Tech Pulley Flying Rollers from Taiwan. At first I thought by mistake I purchased some cheap Chinese knockoffs. They where $42.00 and $10.00 shipping. It seems like Motoritec is a reputable company that makes reputable aftermarket parts. Sym and Kymco are Taiwanese companies also. I found this video that explains the difference between Dr. Pulley and Motoritec. It's in a different language but the diagrams are in English. So I'm thinking, what the ****, let's give them a shot! I'll let you know how they work out.

Here is a link to their webpage: https://www.motoritec.com/

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
In principal it looks like the flying sliders will fix that issue of a flipped Dr Pulley slider many have had. Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a more detailed video from Motoritec Tech on their Pulley Flying Rollers II. So as soon as it warms up a bit I'll be adding these with a Dr. Pulley hit clutch.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So as soon as it warms up a bit I'll be adding these with a Dr. Pulley hit clutch.
Dude... isn't it always in the low 100's in Vegas? ;-)

I'll be very curious how these perform for you. I'm worried about those little wings. They look a bit gimmicky and breakable. Same with that tab. Although, I'm not sure how much sheering or compression stress the rollers would actually be under when spinning.

Either way, I'm eager to hear how they work for you. I'm looking at replacing my rollers when I wake her up in the spring. And having options is always a good thing!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Very interesting.....Might be a good find. Please keep us updated.... looks like somthing I would try.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do get a winter in Vegas. It's desert so very cold at night this time of year and usually sunny during the day. We get snow in the higher elevations. But not 6 months of winter like I had in Chicago. I'll post some pictures. This is my first time working on my Burgman from removing the side cover to taking off plastic so I'll be taking my time and hopefully have the tools I'll need.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm scheduled to be in Vegas in October. If you stumble on any Burgy rental places, please remember them for me!

Last time I was there, I seriously thought about renting a bike to go for a ride out in the desert. The the ride into town on 15 is amazing!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm scheduled to be in Vegas in October. If you stumble on any Burgy rental places, please remember them for me!

Last time I was there, I seriously thought about renting a bike to go for a ride out in the desert. The the ride into town on 15 is amazing!

Take a ride up to 157 to Mt. Charleston. It's all pine trees up there. And 167 by Lake Mead is awesome too.

Attachments

Reactions: s-steel

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Today I put the scooter on the lift and removed the side cover. One of the tabs on the lower plastic was broken. I know I'm the first one to take off the piece. Someone did drop it on that side so maybe that was enough force to break the tab off. I'm thinking JB weld to repair it at this point. I do not have a 2 1/8 or 54 mm socket to remove the nut from the clutch assembly yet but I think my friend has one. I have a good source on Ebay and it has a 1/2 inch drive and not 3/4.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Toyota-FJ-LN-And-RN-Models-54mm-6-Point-Axle-Wheel-Bearing-Nut-Socket/332252929909?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Missed one of the bolts on the cover when numbering them due to hiding behind the wiring so between 4 and 5 I have a 4.5! So far so good.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I removed the variator and the clutch assembly today. The bearing at the end stayed on the shaft so I used a little penetrating oil and walked it off. I made a friend here who has a tool box as wide as the width of his two car garage and he should have a 2 1/8 or 54 mm socket for the hub nut. It looks like the bike had a slow speed fall on the right side and broke the clip off at the selling dealer. Left over 2016 purchased at a BMW dealer no less. It will hold together without that clip but I'll try to fix it. So slowly I go.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
is that the original oem clutch? is it 54 or 55mm socket to take apart the clutch? another thread had 55mm written. burgmanusa.com/forums/52-burgman-400-2007-model/74169-what-size-socket-2.html

I dont know where the heck I can find that size. I may have to do the crescent wrench wack technique.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEDdglsl9PM

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also noticed some coolant seepage left of the housing by the variator. I'm thinking that is dry coolant residue. So will add that to my list of things to do. This is a 2016 with only 2682 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Is it possible that's just some sort of sealant on the hose connection? Doesn't really look like a coolant leak to me. I'd just make sure the clamp was snug and call it a day.

·
Administrator
18,686 Posts
The Suzuki "Long Life" coolant is kind of Coffee colored. I'd also say its a sealant.

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today with the help of a friend I got the Dr. Pulley hit clutch installed on the clutch assembly. He also didn't have a socket large enough for the nut so he used a chisel and hammer to tap it loose. An extra pair of hands go far in getting this done. I'm still going to purchase a socket. Got the bearing back in the case housing. Fixed the broken tab on the plastic. We'll see how that holds up. Also replaced the reduction gear oil. As you can see from the picture, I can't believe it looked so nasty in just 2500 miles. Unless it is some kind of break in oil they fill it with. So now to clean everything off and put it back together.

The Dr. Pulley hit clutch comes with spacers so you can actually put more tension on the spring. We used one. There are 4 total. That's why the two black marks on the nut and body didnt match up. With one spacer it's about a quarter turn difference.

Attachments

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Today I put the scooter on the lift and removed the side cover. One of the tabs on the lower plastic was broken. I know I'm the first one to take off the piece. Someone did drop it on that side so maybe that was enough force to break the tab off. I'm thinking JB weld to repair it at this point. I do not have a 2 1/8 or 54 mm socket to remove the nut from the clutch assembly yet but I think my friend has one. I have a good source on Ebay and it has a 1/2 inch drive and not 3/4.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Toyota-FJ-LN-And-RN-Models-54mm-6-Point-Axle-Wheel-Bearing-Nut-Socket/332252929909?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Missed one of the bolts on the cover when numbering them due to hiding behind the wiring so between 4 and 5 I have a 4.5! So far so good.
Try ABS glue that you'll find in the plumbing department at the hardware store. It'll dry and harden harder than the original joint.

For the gasket on the inside of the cover, try using blue painter's tape to hold it in place initially. After you get all the bolts in but not tight, pull the tape off.

Chris

Reactions: Uncle Fester

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
congrats on the swap. so the 55mm socket didnt work?
ah man shame you didnt try the tap the adjustable wrench tactic to get it off. was curious how well it works.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
congrats on the swap. so the 55mm socket didnt work?
ah man shame you didn't try the tap the adjustable wrench tactic to get it off. was curious how well it works.
Steel, my friend has tools but didn't have a socket that large. I just ordered a 54 mm socket on Ebay. He's worked on heavy machinery before. He just tapped the nut with a chisel and about a 1/4 turn it was loose enough to get off with a huge adjustable wrench that he had. I held the tension on the clutch spring. It did put some little indents in the nut but we filed them smooth after. In the picture you can see it didn't muck up the nut too much. After we put the hit clutch on I compressed the clutch spring while he started the nut by hand and we reversed the procedure. We where going to hold the clutch assembly in a vice and use the wrench but the assembly was too big for the vice. I still think it's a 54 mm nut but I didn't have a socket yet. Still waiting for my variator holder to arrive to torque down the two 24 mm nuts.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's nice being retired. Do a little work on the scooter. Go on line. Take a nap! I wanted to show where my friend Bruce polished the edges on the variator backing plate. I cleaned up the inside of the variator as best as I could and one picture with the Tech Pulley Flying Roller inserted. Tech Pulley Flying Roller sounds like a Chinese firework!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts