·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: ducati14

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I had to pick up my sister's mail today so I drove my Burgman down Las Vegas Blvd. by the strip. I never ride on Las Vegas Blvd, due to the traffic. The sidewalks were pretty deserted except for the people who wanted to see how deserted it was! Not much traffic, Thinking of going back with my electric bicycle tomorrow and do the whole strip from the Wynn to the Mandalay Bay.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've been out a couple of times in the past week, but my concern is what if I have a crash? As the virus spreads and strains the healthcare system I may not be able to get treatment, or if I did I would be unnecessarily adding to the burden. So, assuming I stay healthy, depending on how things develop I may have to drastically curb my riding. Which would be a real shame because it's my therapy in regular times and one of the few things I could do to give the illusion of normalcy.

·
Administrator
18,700 Posts
Bout the same idea here.

But we may need to merge all these Virus posts. Don't need 5 of them all about the same thing.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
But we may need to merge all these Virus posts. Don't need 5 of them all about the same thing.
Don't forget this is a virus, so it may spread to many posts too. Somebody did a heck of a job at the laboratory.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I’m glad someone else is looking past the boob tube !

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I had to pick up my sister's mail today so I drove my Burgman down Las Vegas Blvd. by the strip. I never ride on Las Vegas Blvd, due to the traffic. The sidewalks were pretty deserted except for the people who wanted to see how deserted it was! Not much traffic, Thinking of going back with my electric bicycle tomorrow and do the whole strip from the Wynn to the Mandalay Bay.
One may not have to cut back on riding - as in Uncle Fester on Las Vegas BLVD - with fewer vehicles on the road, getting into a serious accident is less likely and - I would imagine - fewer loose and dangerous unbolted car tires bouncing down the road. I am looking forward to a serious improvement n traffic conditions and a reduced number of wackos out there to compete with.

·
Premium Member
14,253 Posts
This Virus is going to impact my riding. Out here in the country I can still get on my bike and ride for now. But my riding buddy lives in Dallas County and they have just issued a shelter in place order. She can't get out of her house except to go to the doctor, to get supplies or food or to the drug store. She can't get on her bike and ride to the meetup point for one of our day rides without risking a fine.

So I will be riding alone for a while. Unless my county puts a shelter in place order in effect or the governor decides to do it for the whole state. Hopefully it won't come to that but I'm going to be getting some riding in while I can.

·
Administrator
18,700 Posts
Craig, tell Robin we think about her and wish she would post something every so often.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts