Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody installed bike stereo on his/her burgman? Any images to share? Model of the stereo?

Matt
2012 Burgman 650 Exec
So Cal

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
One of the first radio packages was put together by Jac Vinson..
www.rvtoys.net
Look under products...he makes backrest brackets, & the
radio package is listed on the last page.
I've had one on my '05-400 since Aug.'05.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I installed a Pyle Marine Am/FM/CD . The set itself is under the seat, has a remote that mounts on the bars & I removed the two small compartments on the dash for 2 speakers.After a lot of tweaking it works great.Hope to have some picts in the future . Mark

·
Registered
493 Posts
I installed a shark audio waterproof system and a HD radio receiver with wired remote. The speakers are installed on each side of the backseat.

but it was 5 years ago....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thinking about installing the speakers on the floor mats in front of my feet on one of the existing bolts. The head unit hopefully fits in the front trunk if not under the seat.

Sound Storm Laboratories SMC75 SSL Series Motorcycle/UTV System with 3-Inch Black Chrome Speakers, 600W Max Amplifier, USB, SD, FM Tuner and Aux Input

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mark, Very good point. I am now thinking about putting the speakers on the top of the brake reservoirs on both sides of the handle bar. By this way they will be closer to my ears. Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
This is what I did.

The Amp

The Head Unit

Speakers mounted to Motorcycle Larry master cylinder reservoir covers.

The end result

Tunes while riding = Priceless:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
It is a Clarion CMS-1 marine stereo, I paid $179 for it 3 years ago. I bought it with the intention of installing it on my 400 but didn't. The speakers are from Shark ($25pr) which I bought just for the enclosures and replaced the actual speakers with better grade units then there are the Motorcycle Larry reservoir covers which cost about 20 bucks each if my memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My solution is custom molded earplug speakers and an inexpensive mp3 player which shares my GPS mount. Adequate sound is available at all legal speeds and requires no special mounting.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have an interphone F5 (http://interphonewireless.com/) comes with buillt in FM radio.. I also bought a bluetooth jack for my Ipod.. stero earbuds in my helmet.. sounds great.. also connects tomy phone.. and I have great clarity for that too.. like $275 or something like that..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im Really satisfied with the setup above. You could just skip the mp3 player and plug into a smartphone.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yes.. I could except my smartphone does not have the stuff on it that I have on my Ipod because I am way too lazy to transfer 4800 songs.. also not sure if I have the room on my smart phone for that. so I jsut use the Ipod with the splitter.. but the F5 is truly great..

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
.. I am way too lazy to transfer 4800 songs.. also not sure if I have the room on my smart phone for that. so I jsut use the Ipod with the splitter..
I guess I'm more lazy than you are....
I don't even bother with an Ipod...
I just let XM radio play the music...
all I gotta do, is listen....
crank up the helmet speakers & ride.:blob2:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
My current setup is a smartphone on a bracket that's strapped to the center of the handlebar cover. Bluetooth receiver plugged into a set of headphones I've cut the headband off of and velcroed to the inside of the helmet. It works, but the volume's a bit marginal. I use earbuds instead if I don't expect to be pressed for time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably a bit late posting here can't find anything after October 2013 but here goes if anyone is still interested in putting a stereo in/on their Burgman
I suggest Herdio VX100 it's a complete marine/motorcycle kit that's waterproof comes with the unit+ 2 x70watt speakers +antenna and all wiring the beauty of it all is that the unit and the speakers needs only 3inch
holes cut to mount. It's a pretty good unit for the money and I like that it is all gauge size good when you pushed for space. Look for Herdio marine am/FM radio on eBay. Hope that might help someone out. John

Attachments

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
My current setup is a smartphone on a bracket that's strapped to the center of the handlebar cover. Bluetooth receiver plugged into a set of headphones I've cut the headband off of and velcroed to the inside of the helmet. It works, but the volume's a bit marginal. I use earbuds instead if I don't expect to be pressed for time.
Since this came up again, my last variant was UClear earphones and a slightly different cheap Bluetooth receiver (two of them, rotated so one's charging while the other is in use). But I've since switched to a helmet that includes a Bluetooth comms system so I don't use that much any more.

·
Administrator
21,753 Posts
And IMHO, why pollute the nature with your music. With speakers you must CRANK it up to overcome the Engine, road and wind noise. The Bugs and Bunneys do not need to hear your 'JAMS'... I DON'T want to hear your crap two miles away when I'm out in nature and you are riding thru. This has happened many times.

Be responsible (not a loud arse Butthead rider) and use ear buds or Bluetooth sets.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts