Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding motorcycle rain gear. I ordered and received the Tour Master Elite Rain Jacket and Pants, which are very nice. I am a 5'3" size 10 woman. I used the UNISEX size chart and ordered the small jacket and pants. I think they would fit just fine if I were 5'7" and had arms the size of Arnold's thighs. I am afraid if I wore the jacket on the Burgman and lifted my arms I would go airborne.

Does anyone know of a line of rain gear specifically sized for women? I have checked the local sporting goods stores, but their stuff all has hoods and doesn't seem to be the same quality as motorcycle rain gear. If you have any suggestions please, let me know. I don't like to ride wet and in Florida you never know when it's going to rain. Thanks.

Janine

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I got a rainsute from WalMart made by Stearns that is of good quality and am fairly happy with it , but have also heard some good things about frogtoggs mite need to check them out

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Janine,

I had to call Frogg Toggs to get the right size for me. It turned out that I needed different sizes for top & bottom. They were great to work with over the phone. Be sure that you do get garments loose fitting enough to put on over your normal riding gear. I am sure that they will give you the right advice on what to buy.

http://www.froggtoggs.com/index.html

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul,

Are the Froggtoggs the ones that look like they are made out of paper? Do they really keep you dry? What did you do with the hood attached to the jacket so it doesn't flap in the wind and collect water or do rthey make a jacket without the hood? I see several types of suits. Which is best for motorscooter use? Gee, I'm just full of questions today :?

Thanks,
Janine

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Janine,

The hood rolls up into a zippered compartment in the collar. The material does look wierd, but I can assure you it is not paper! It breathes really well, so you don't end up perspiring due to wearing the rain suit. I have worn the jacket part several times, and it works well. I have not needed the pants part yet. I try to avoid riding in rain as much as possible these days, but I've gotten caught in a few light showers when traveling.

There are arguably better rainsuits for motorcycling (although a lot of motorcyclists do use Frogg Toggs). But I am hard to fit, and of the several places I contacted, they were the only folks who showed an interest in working with me. And I did end up with a good fit.

I know about those Florida rain squalls. Pours like hell and then a few minutes later the sun is out!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
on the frogg toggs, if you are a wet butt rider (http://www.wetbuttrider.com - it's free to join), you get a % off.

personally, I have yet to purchase any. And I've been soaked on several occasions. I'm such a procrastinator. :lol:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I went to the local Army Navy store. They were having a sale on Gore Tex type stuff (different brand but some idea of water vapor can get out but rain can't get in). Picked up jacket and pants for $30 each. I've used it for a couple of years and love it. No sweating but I stay dry.

Just my .02

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Oh, another thing I thought of -- I have 2 bikes and sometimes the rain gear was in one while I was on the other. As an emergency only thing, I went to home depot and bought the tyvek work coveralls (about $7) and keep a pair in my bike. They aren't 100% waterproof since water gets in the seams and the zipper but I wore them home in a driving rainstorm of about 20 min. and I was still pretty dry when I got home.

Hey, for $7 they are **** good to have.

Ride safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts