Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It's nice to see scooters starting to get more and more press. And more important, good press!
And from motorcycle mags.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
There's a link in the article to email the author. I emailed him and told him about Burgmanusa.com. Maybe we can get a lot of members to do the same and we might get a mention in the next issue! I also asked him to check out the overdrive change for 2005, as his article said no changes for '05. Hope he reads this site as gets Burgmanized!

Here's the email address: [email protected]

Author is Dirck Edge

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I just sent the following email to Motorcycle Daily.

Greetings,

I enjoyed your write-up of the Burgman 650. I am a moderator on the BurgmanUSA.com forums, and I own an '03 model that I have put over 18,000 miles on. I also own an '03 V-Strom DL1000 that I've owned 6 months longer than the Burgman - and only have put 7,500 miles on. Nothing wrong with my DL1000, I just prefer riding the big scooter most of the time. We have over 1000 members at BurgmanUSA, and those that still own motorcycles all seem to log more riding time and miles on the big scooters.

Just a couple of comments on the article. Yes, there are aftermarket windscreens available from Givi and Clearview. Clearview makes windscreens for the AN650 in four different sizes, and they have an optional adjustable vent - the same vent used on the Gold Wing. Other popular aftermarket items are Pirelli tires, Givi top boxes, Corbin seats, various backrests, and a hump bag (tank bag for a scooter). It is quite easy to outfit an AN650 for serious sport touring. As for the Honda Silverwing being more nimble, around town it probably is due to its smaller size and lighter weight. But get out on the open road or into a good set of twisties, and the Burgman 650 is clearly superior. The frame mounted engine, wide radial tires, triple disk brakes, and more sophisticated transmission, make it no contest.

Regards,

Paul Johannsen

·
Registered
182 Posts
Burger review

Neat to see a motorcycle magazine give a little space for the Burgman.
After reading between the lines I think he really liked it and enjoyed the ride and we knew he would!

:lol: Helix :lol:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
casek said:
I also asked him to check out the overdrive change for 2005, as his article said no changes for '05.
I also sent him a list of the 2005 changes to both models, links to Suzuki media site where the info was found, and an invite to visit the forums.

·
Registered
207 Posts
billmeek said:
casek said:
I also asked him to check out the overdrive change for 2005, as his article said no changes for '05.
I also sent him a list of the 2005 changes to both models, links to Suzuki media site where the info was found, and an invite to visit the forums.
Great move, Bill. It's a shame that more than a month later they still haven't fixed their errant statement that the '05 has no changes from the '04 :?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Twinrider said:
It's a shame that more than a month later they still haven't fixed their errant statement that the '05 has no changes from the '04
...nor responded by email or shown up here on the forums. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts