Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having received a couple of requests for more info on carring the burgman ,on my motor home , I thought I would post a link for a ramp like the one I have .
My MH is a gulfstream pusher , the burgman rides great behind it , with no problems. the biggest disadvantage is the amount of road dust/dirt that gets on it .
I have been searching and asking questions about a transport cover , but am discouraged, due to the flapping of the cover , damaging the finish.
The ramp shown on this page is almost the same one I have .
For better stability and safety I have added 2 side supports ,,My local welding shop ,added a piece of receiver stock to each frame ..then stock to the rack ( $150 ) giving 3 connection points to the MH ,, no swaying or rocking that way

http://www.towingworld.com/catalog/Bike ... cycle.html

sloheat

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
sloheat wrote (snipped)
the biggest disadvantage is the amount of road dust/dirt that gets on it .
If you got a large motorcycle cover and had a hem sewn in the bottom, pull a 1/8 string through you mite be able to "draw" it closed under the tires, add a few center clips that should take of the wind flapping.
I llike the one for the P/U truck also :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
My solution

I've now posted photos of the Cruiserlift we use to carry the Burgman on our motorhome. (follow the link in my signature)

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a solution for you or not, but it is kind of interesting. In the side view you can seee that it does not articulate like a standard trailer and the swivel wheel underneath does all the work in corners. Essentially it's like a patio with a big caster under it!

Swivelwheel

·
Registered
794 Posts
Rubble said:
This is made by the same company that makes the cruiserlift installed on our motorhome. Saw both products at last year's FMCA rally in Albuquerque and the swivel wheel is very well engineered.

Regards,

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts